AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that some people have been having issues with LG blu-ray drives. I just got mine today, and have been having issues with it out of the box. My PC recognizes it as a DVD-RAM drive (not sure if thats normal). When I insert a BD-Disc, Cyberlink PowerDVD 8 will play the disc (albeit it lags), but when I try to browse the contents of the disc, the disc appears blank.

The drive is a LG GBW-H20L

Help! What can I do to show the contents of the disc etc?

I'm running XP sp3, and I have an nforce motherboard (I read that it might be causing issues) but I don't have those specific IDE drivers installed.

Thanks a lot guys.

Edit: The lag seems to have cleared up, but I still don't have access to the files on the disc from my PC. I can see the VIDDEO_TS / AUDIO_TS folders of a regular DVD though.

In case it matters, only BD disc I have is Sleeping Beauty which I picked up a couple days ago.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You need the Toshiba UDF 2.5 files to view the contents of a blu ray disc. Do a google search for Toshiba UDF 2.5 or check out the slysoft forums for the download/install instructions.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a ton, that sorted out the problem.

I can't believe with all the google queries done prior to that post, I didn't come across that.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHTPC /forum/post/15559912

You need the Toshiba UDF 2.5 files to view the contents of a blu ray disc. Do a google search for Toshiba UDF 2.5 or check out the slysoft forums for the download/install instructions.

Toshiba UDF file for a BD drive......the irony......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts