AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My apologies if this the incorrect spot for this post.

We have a Sanyo dp46848 LCD TV hooked up to a UVerse DVR unit. We've had issues, which seem to be more frequent now, with the TV powering on, and then the screen flashing intermittently while the power light flashes on and off. After about 10 minutes, if we're lucky, the TV finally remains on.

The TV is connected to the UVerse box via an HDMI cable/input.

I spoke with an AT&T customer service rep. and he has heard issues with some HD TV's auto-detecting HD signal changes and aspect ratios. It seems that some signals coming from the UVerse box are HD while others are not, and the TV tries to find the appropriate resolution when powering up???

I see no method of correcting this on the TV itself. Curious if others are aware of this problem with a similar setup???

Thanks in advance for any info!!!

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Does this problem happen when you are on a different input then the one the UVerse box is hooked to? I know TV's can flicker while they lock on the input resolution but 10 mins leads me to believe there is a problem with the TV itself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.