AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I fell asleep last night watching tv and when I woke up five hours later it had happened again. 6 months and approximately 600 hours after my first Z1 bulb blew the new one decided to take a crap.. I absolutely love my Z1 and have had no problems other then the bulbs but now I'm getting a little angry. I have a dedicated room thats climate controlled, the filter is cleaned weekly, I've made sure the kids weren't playing games for days on end again yet I've only managed to get 1700 hours out of $600 worth of bulbs...... Is anyone else having this problem with their Z1 ?

Is there any chance that sanyo would do anything about this (I know they won't but i can always dream) ?

Will someone please come by and shoot me so I don't have to tell the wife I need to blow another $300.

Thanks for letting me vent.

The FPTV newbie who is wishing he stuck with RPTV

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
That's the pits. I could see one round of bad luck, but two is a tough

pill to take..

What are your cycle times? On and off several times a day or

on for extended run times? I ask because of the debate over

startup stress vs actual run time. One person commented

on a 24/7 PJ in a business that had over 4000 hrs on it when

it was replaced.

Good luck with the spouse.

b2b

·
Registered
251 Posts
You might send back to sanyo and have them check the fan speed.

I had alot of premature bulb outages on my xu30 and the last time they bumped the fan speed up a bit.

It seems to have helped, at least at this point. Better to find out a reason than continually spending $ on bulbs.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback guys. I was definately planning on sending it back to Sanyo for a look over before I shell out for the next bulb. As far as the cycle times, it is usually only turned on once a day and runs for 5 hours or so ( except for the times when i pass out ).

I was also wondering if anyone would have a number for contacting Sanyo ? Unless i'm blind there is no repair information in the service manual.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.