AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and the network connect error. I am 3 for 3.

I just finished patching my dual 100GB drives and once again, for the 3rd upgrade in a row, I get the network connect error. Looks like replay's setup servers are on the fritz again. If anyone else is getting this error, wait until tomorrow. It usually clears up within 24 hours. I don't know when this started today.

Be patient as I put my 60gb drive back in place.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Tim, Why do you need to connect? You should have all the current data now from your 60 gig.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was lazy and I just downloaded the 2000 rtv file from the web and prepped my drives with them. I figured that I would just swap drives and skip a few seps. Good catch though, I'll repatch these drives using my 60. Now at lese I won't have to wait until tomorrow. Should I try to copy the mpeg partition and preserve my shows? Will that take too long and how reliable is it?

Thanks Mikeyboy.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
If you used large clusters then no don't attempt mpeg partition. If default clusters then sure copy mpeg. It could take several hours.

·
Registered
529 Posts
So, if you use the rtv file from the web, what version of the software is it? Is that what it needs to update or is it just the initial setup that won't connect?

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Wasatch Rider
So, if you use the rtv file from the web, what version of the software is it? Is that what it needs to update or is it just the initial setup that won't connect?
I expect the setup server wouldn't connect earlier but it is working now. The Anonomous images are; replay20xx vs 3.0, showstopper/replay30xx vs 3.02 (current) and the replay 4000 is out of date (whatever version was out Jan 2002).

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I would assume if you restore with an older image the unit will upgrade during a nightly net connect back up to the current version.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikeyboy
...the replay 4000 is out of date (whatever version was out Jan 2002).
Mikeyboy I'm sure we could update that if you'd like?

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by KenL
Mikeyboy I'm sure we could update that if you'd like?
KenL Sure you can upload here ftp://Replay4000:[email protected]/

What version is preferred for RTVPatch on the 4000. Guess it is RTVPatch2.1?

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Kool! Actually I haven't had mine open since the new build... if you can even believe that?

Anyone else want to upload the current 4K image?

As for which patch to use, yes I assume we don't want large clusters on the 4K's.

toots, FlipFlop (even jtl?) what do you think? I imagine by using 2.1 we get the same size clusters as the native 4320's?

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
For replay4000 160 gig drives, is RTVPatch2.3.1Beta still the best program to use?

I take it the 4000 series are still using the same 250K (small) clusters like the early replay recorders.

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Good question Mikeyboy. I don't know what it would do. The 4K do have different byte swapping than legacy units.

Probably best to use 2.1 until we know for sure?

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by KenL
Good question Mikeyboy. I don't know what it would do. The 4K do have different byte swapping than legacy units.

Probably best to use 2.1 until we know for sure?
I used RTVPatch 2.1 on a 160 gig replay 4000 drive and it bumped the drive down to 137 gigs. Looking around soundforge I found RTVPatch2.3.1Beta which patched to 160 gigs as it should.

What I'd like to know is which version of RTVPatch is recommended for replay4000 series using 160 gig drives? Isn't there a non Beta version?

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Mikeyboy, you're correct, there is the RRBD version for the 4K. I was thinking it was final.

Hopefully Flipflop will be able get these organized since the beta's have all seemed to test out. :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.