AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After saying for years I will get it, I finally have the money set aside, it takes a while to save up... So I am interested in buying the Pio PRO-141FD. I want the big nasty
the price is going down which is great and looking at various e-tailers and looks like a couple good deals out there, so still need to make the decision of where. However I am having the worst time trying to figure out mounting options and should I get an extended warranty?

So question #1 - Right now I am not in a place I would like to wall mount, so what options are there for a 60" stand mount? I would prefer not to have to by the table mount, but I do not see many stands out there that can handle a 60"?

If I did decide to go and wall mount, I only have 3" studs standard distance (16" I guess) apart. Can the wall even handle that kind of weight? what type of wall mount is best and how would you suggest it to get secured to the wall.

Question #2 - extended warranty... is it worth it when you do not have a store near you to take it to and shipping would kind of making it a little to pricey

Thanks for any and all help!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Clemson, I can't help with the first question (my Pio is stand mounted), but IMO an extended warranty is worth it for something this expensive. That is, assuming you intend to hold on to it for a while.

You might want to check out this thread

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1027267

(started by me, AAMOF!
). There's a bunch of good info about a few companies that are well regarded for this sort of thing. You can find warranties by I think all of them which offer in-home service. That's the way to go.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Heytony, thanks for the info, I took a look at the options talked about MACK and CPS; Their websites are pretty confusing I take it, it is just easier to call their customer service.

So basically do not get the extended plan from any e-tailer but just go directly to the source?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Well, you buy CPS and Mack warranties through retailers or etailers. Take another look at that thread and you'll see at least a couple of AVS members who are offerors of both CPS and Mack warranties. Take a look at their sites for pricing details. You should also be able to contact these guys for additional info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts