AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just at the local Paradigm dealer here in Canada looking around for various things when I came across this tiny little sub sitting beside the PW and PS series. The fellow I deal with there didn't know anything about it until the Paradigm rep dropped it off a couple of days ago.

The first thing I said was that it looked like a Velodyne sub and he said that it was supposed to compete with the cube sub offering by that company and Sunfire.

I had a quick listen to it and was quite impressed with how it did with music. Far less boomy than the PS1200 I have at home. He has no literature yet and the website doesn't even show it. He did mention a list price of around $1000-1100 CDN for it.

I caught the power output and I think he said 675W continous. Other than that I know nothing else but maybe someone here already knows.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Dear Quadlog,

Paradigm has produced some excellent subwoofers for many many years. They have somewhat recently introduced their Seismic series, available with 10" or 12" driver. These are very good performers in a relatively small enclosure.

http://www.paradigm.com/Website/Site...micSeries.html

If the amplifier power was anywhere near 675 watts, then it is not a Seismic. The Seismic have 1200w RMS.

Sincerely,

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the first thing I thought of but they have some Seismic subs in their projector room.

I noticed you're from HSU. I didn't run into any of your subs while I was shopping for equipment a couple of months ago. Is your company direct-only like SVS?

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadlog
That's the first thing I thought of but they have some Seismic subs in their projector room.

I noticed you're from HSU. I didn't run into any of your subs while I was shopping for equipment a couple of months ago. Is your company direct-only like SVS?
Since Peter hasn't gotten back I'll try to help. Although HSU has been carried by a small amount of retailers like Comp USA and Harveys Electronics in the US most of their business is done on the internet where you can get better pricing since you are going direct.

Also check out the mini sub review by Sound&Vision(June 2005).

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/

Ian ;)

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Quote:
Although HSU has been carried by a small amount of retailers like Comp USA and Harveys Electronics in the US most of their business is done on the internet where you can get better pricing since you are going direct.
Does HSU sell the same subs on-line for less than the ones at CompUsa & Harvey's ?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Quote:
Does HSU sell the same subs on-line for less than the ones at CompUsa & Harvey's ?
ok, did they?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.