AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been watching the website for DTV City (AVS Forum won't let me post a link until after I have made five posts) for the upcoming JVC 1080P FH96's for a few months now; for the last few months the sets have been listed as "coming in September". The site has removed the "coming in September" comment and you are now able to add the sets to the cart. It looks like they are available!

Look up "DTV City" on Yahoo and click on HD-ILA TV under "video products"...

JVC HD-56FH96 56" Projection TV

JVC HD-61FH96 61" Projection TV

JVC HD-70FH96 70" Projection TV

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm really not sure. DTV City is listed as a member of the Better Business Bureau since 2001 and has been in business since 1997; that has to say something positive. They also say that they have a 30 day replacement guarantee.

·
Registered
15,820 Posts
Make sure they are authorized dealers, or JVC may not honor the warranty (and the 720p DILAs had major problems, such as defective light engines)!

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
They are a questionable retailer. The BBB stuff et al. notwithstanding.

I'd ignore anyone non-serious as a source of availability. Serious retailers include the big boxers and a tiny handful of credible online retailers (TV Authority, Crutchfield, etc.).

Mark

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Make sure they are authorized dealers, or JVC may not honor the warranty (and the 720p DILAs had major problems, such as defective light engines)! "

I asked JVC's customer service about that very question a few months ago (since I figured out it is a lot cheaper to buy online). The person I talked to said they would honor the warranty as long as I had a receipt of purchase.

·
Registered
324 Posts
 This page states that they are only 1280x720. Then if you actually look at the FH96 sets, they both state that they're 1280x720 in the specs and the "TV scan lines" are 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i. Yet spout off 1080p in the marketing description, seems like they aren't detail oriented :confused: . I would question if they actually even have these sets seeing that no other reputable etailer has posted these sets for sale.

Their reseller rating is non-existant, no one has reviewed them. Buyer beware.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
htwaits just pointed out the forum rules. Oops, my bad. I'm new to the forum and didn't know; just trying to inform others in the forum and am not trying to advocate for any particular business. I won't make the same mistake in the future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.