AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I must be under a spending spell.......

this was my purchases today....

Sharp LCGX6U 45 inch 1080p lcd... being delivered in 3-5 days

Toshiba HMX195 72 inch DLP....being delivered mid September (crossing fingers)

Vizio 50 inch Plasma.... got the last one in stock and a promise from the guy I as I signed up for my exec membership that they would refund the difference...

The best part

Sharp..... 18 month no interest no payments

Tosh 12 months no interest no payments

Visio.....9 month no interest with Amex blue

The cards are SMOLDERING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharp.......... office for monitor

DLP for family room and xbox

Visio for bedroom

Now when they find my dead corpse from my fiancee please tell the authorities I have to be buried with all three tv's

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats! I too just recently got the 45" AQUOS (LC-45GD4U) for the family room, also have the Samsung DLP HLP4663W for the upstairs den.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Wow, I would love to be able to do all of that in one day! Let me know how you like the Sharp as a moniter. Congrats on your great finds!

Best Regards,

Cambryn Courson

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean. Over the past couple of days I have purchased two InFocus ScreenPlay 61MD10 DLP's, a Westinghouse LTV-32W1 LCD ...and i'm still waiting on my 42" 3G Technology PDP from PCC. All this to go with my existing 50" HD & 42" ED Panny PDP's. :)

·
Premium Member
18,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy
Wow, I would love to be able to do all of that in one day!
You get an employee discount right? I say GO FOR IT :D

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know its almost like a sickness........ Cambryn I waited and waited to hear from you on the Tosh but there was NO love :(

well perhaps next time......:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook
Vizio 50 inch Plasma.... got the last one in stock and a promise from the guy I as I signed up for my exec membership that they would refund the difference...

Visio for bedroom
After you get the Vizio set-up in the bedroom, I would love to read your comments on its fan noise level and your opinion of its suitability as a bedroom set...

Thanks mate!

Cheers ;)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon Smith
Yeah I know what you mean. Over the past couple of days I have purchased two InFocus ScreenPlay 61MD10 DLP's, a Westinghouse LTV-32W1 LCD ...and i'm still waiting on my 42" 3G Technology PDP from PCC. All this to go with my existing 50" HD & 42" ED Panny PDP's. :)
W00t!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I hope your credit cards cool off soon because I'm sure you will be needing some surround sound components to go with all those new displays. :D

Oh, and by the time your 9-18 months interest free payments are due, you will most certainly have "upgradeitis" to deal with. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well fortunate for me I recently had invested in a very nice surround system that I will use on the tosh. As for the sharp and the vizio.... Simply solution... Logitec Z-5500. I have one already that I use for my computer and it rocks... I will get the same for the Vizio for $250 and call it a day..... And as for upgrade temptations.... Its not likely I will get off that drug for a long time to come.... At least with regards to a true 1080p input solution :)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I think your biggest dilema would be which one to play (calibrate and test) with first.

Congratulations.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Wow, three TVs to obsess over. Dead pixel here, rainbow there, color push here and there. Good luck.....I can only cope with one new TV at a time!

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know tell me about it. My 37 didnt have one single dead pixel. I am crossing my fingers for the 45. I had a HD+2 RCA 61 inch dlp I just sold and never saw a single rainbow so I dont think I am going to see any. The wild card is the vizio which is sitting in a box and will do so for almost 3 weeks before it sees the day of light.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon Smith
I take it you picked them up from the deal the other night? :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascar24
I take it you picked them up from the deal the other night? :)
Yep, got in on the woot deal and at that price decided to pick an extra one up for the beach house down on Padre Island. Considering we are only there a few weeks a year at most, I shouldn't have to replace that bulb too often. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Icon Smith, how do you like the 61md10 (s) sofar? I saw them at Costco for only $2499 (after $500 rebate) and I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger. The only thing holding me back is that I got burned on a former RCA (ProScan) product that was a total piece of cr$%! Any feedback would be appreciated!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by is95a
Icon Smith, how do you like the 61md10 (s) sofar? I saw them at Costco for only $2499 (after $500 rebate) and I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger. The only thing holding me back is that I got burned on a former RCA (ProScan) product that was a total piece of cr$%! Any feedback would be appreciated!
I am in the process of remodling my family room and haven't had a chance to set it up yet. Should have it finished in a few days and will post some feedback and pics when it completed. I just got an Oppo upconverting DVD player to go with it and need to pick up another HD STB from Time Warner sometime next week.

I can tell you a friend of mine has this set and it is impressive once calibrated with DVE - blacks are particularly good. The size of the thing makes viewing a very immersive experience. I would highly recommend it, especially from Costco where returns are very painless.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.