AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I must be under a spending spell.......

this was my purchases today....

Sharp LCGX6U 45 inch 1080p lcd... being delivered in 3-5 days

Toshiba HMX195 72 inch DLP....being delivered mid September (crossing fingers)

Vizio 50 inch Plasma.... got the last one in stock and a promise from the guy I as I signed up for my exec membership that they would refund the difference...

The best part

Sharp..... 18 month no interest no payments

Tosh 12 months no interest no payments

Visio.....9 month no interest with Amex blue

The cards are SMOLDERING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharp.......... office for monitor

DLP for family room and xbox

Visio for bedroom

Now when they find my dead corpse from my fiancee please tell the authorities I have to be buried with all three tv's

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook

Vizio 50 inch Plasma.... got the last one in stock and a promise from the guy I as I signed up for my exec membership that they would refund the difference...

The best part

Visio for bedroom

Now when they find my dead corpse from my fiancee please tell the authorities I have to be buried with all three tv's
Damn dude - you don't mess around!

I had the Sharp 37 in.. 720p it worked out great as a small TV plus Computer

Monitor and I have seen the 45 in. 1080p nice...

I am assuming the Toshiba is one of the new 1080p DLPs and based on

my expereince wiht my Samsung 1080p DLP you are going to love it!

Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah lets hope the wife shares your enthusiam.... What I didnt tell you is that I have a 37 inch G4U already. That however is being sold even though its only 5 months old. It was beautifully calibrated so I hope I can recreate that with the 45inch. I am constructing a new pc rig using the beta 1 of Windows Vista so I cant wait to do the hack and see it in 1920 x 1080 GLORY

and yes its the new 1080p tosh.....I was flipping back and forth but I know tosh has been well received. Then again I have 6 to 8 weeks to change my mind...... Somebody STOP ME

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Quote:
yeah lets hope the wife shares your enthusiam.... What I didnt tell you is that I have a 37 inch G4U already. That however is being sold even though its only 5 months old. It was beautifully calibrated so I hope I can recreate that with the 45inch. I am constructing a new pc rig using the beta 1 of Windows Vista so I cant wait to do the hack and see it in 1920 x 1080 GLORY

and yes its the new 1080p tosh.....I was flipping back and forth but I know tosh has been well received. Then again I have 6 to 8 weeks to change my mind...... Somebody STOP ME
As you are aware the 37 in. Sharp is *the* best picture I have seen from

an LCD and it is going to be difficult to match that PQ with the 1080p Sharp

LCD but since you are using it primairly as a computer monitor the 1080p

is going to be stunning.

I sold my 37 in. Sharp and still kick myself for doing so. I got the 46in. Samsung

1080p LCD - kept it a week - and then got rid of it. PQ could not come close to the

Sharp 37 in. - so since it was used primarily for a computer monitor I went with the

1920x1200p 23 in. Sony.

Tosihiba is a great make I am sure all the Samsung / Mits / Toshiba 1080p DLPs

will be in the same park bark - despite what we hear from the peanut gallery :)

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Quote:

When is the Tosh 72" being released I am getting really tired with Samsung delaying the 67" every other week...Please tell me the Tosh does not have side speakers.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what is the general concensus on a fair asking price for my 37 inch LC-G4U that is about 5 months old??????????????

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
estimates on the Tosh (as told by the buyer of the company I purchased it from) was informed 2nd week in September.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Quote:
what is the general concensus on a fair asking price for my 37 inch LC-G4U that is about 5 months old??????????????
Mine was 8 months old and I got $1800 from a friend, and I kick myself in the

ass everyday for doing it...

I would ask for $2500...

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Quote:
estimates on the Tosh (as told by the buyer of the company I purchased it from) was informed 2nd week in September.
Good because if Samsung can't produce the 67" I will be looking elsewere.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah 2500 was about the number I was thinking of which will basically wash the Vizio. Now of course I dont relish an ebay sale on this thats for sure...... Tony why dont you buy mine :)

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Quote:
Yeah 2500 was about the number I was thinking of which will basically wash the Vizio. Now of course I dont relish an ebay sale on this thats for sure...... Tony why dont you buy mine :)

For $1800 :) you got a deal....

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Quote:
cant do that but would do $2500 shipped :)
A friend of mine might be iterested but probably not at $2500 - I will ask -

he got mine for $1800 and is looking for another one.

Does your model have the detachable speakers on the side or on the bottom?

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
detachable speakers are on the side. It has also been professionally calibrated by a pro isf tech as well.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Quote:

The best part

Visio for bedroom

Wow!! Congratulations!

The 50" Vizio is a very nice Plasma, The 45" Sharp is positively jaw-dropping and the 72" Toshiba is supposed to set the bar for this year's DLP's. Please make sure to keep us informed of your experiences:)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Mid 2K's?

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks I appreciate that. I plan on having a house warming party for all three sets once they arrive :) And who knows maybe the 37 inch sharp will still be around. Wonder if I can mount it outside the pool area ;)

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah refurb units are floating around ebay for 2k so I tink I will try for $2500 and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Surprised the 72" 1080P Toshiba will be out that soon. I had been led to believe not until the 1st week of October. Once again, Congrats and good luck! You better be REAL nice to to the wife:)

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well I sold my Ducati 999 recently as she was very unahppy about me riding a bike so this is my SAFE replacement toys............. ;0

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.