AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 3030 went dumb on me--it would turn on, boot normally and take one or two commands from the remote but then it wouldn't respond any more to the remote. It is a 3030 with an upgrade to an 80gig WD drive and I added an 80mm cooling fan mounted in a hole I cut in the top of the cover.

I had a number of shows on there that I really didn't want to lose (I was shell shocked). I took the cover off, expecting to image and install another drive to see if it was hardware, software or the drive. Under the fan (it exhausted out), I saw that the board and chips were covered in a thick layer of dust.

Took it outside and blew it clean with my air compressor and has worked fine for last 10 days--probably one in a million. I guess that the dust either over heated a component or dampened by Florida humidity was able to short something out just a little.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Interesting. Dust does cause heat build up and we have seen all sorts of weirdness with Replays and heat but this is a new one. Let us know if your ReplayTV continues healthy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.