1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
If someone reports back that the video is much improved over the original, I will pick it up. But, I'll wait till that happens before I buy.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRMOTA /forum/post/15548473

This may be a region B only release.

Of course it MAY be...but it may not be. Have Concorde's other releases been region-coded?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalfreakNYC /forum/post/15548549

Of course it MAY be...but it may not be. Have Concorde's other releases been region-coded?

The Concorde releases I know of aren't region coded, so I don't know why it would. Unless the other poster heard differently.

·
Registered
739 Posts
This is what these guys have right now.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=3346

It's released tomorrow so hopefully we have a confirmation of region and PQ from this website soon.

http://bluray.liesinc.net/index.php?region=b

I've been on an import frenzy recently. I've just picked up Walk the Line/Chicken Run and Transporter 1/2 Uncut with better Video from Amazon France on a buy 1 get 1 sale. I also picked up The Island and Predator 2 from Amazon UK on buy 2 get 1 free sale. I am thinking of picking up In Bruges(Norway, Finish or French versions) and I may go for the Italian Job. I have the HD DVD of the Italian Job and I just can't see my self buying the DD blu ray version at this point.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Well if it's region B only then that's the deal breaker but yeah, after this was first posted I've been very interested in this release!

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Glover /forum/post/15594289

Well he doesn't compare releases though.
I'm getting the itch to just bite on this one though.

You know you want to....

you know you want to try...

all the cool kids are doing it...

·
Registered
739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalfreakNYC /forum/post/15594374

You know you want to....

you know you want to try...

all the cool kids are doing it...

I may bite... I have this on HDDVD and could'nt see replacing it with a DD blu ray version. Also it looks like this is a VC1 encode while the blu ray is MPEG-2. I think this german release is a DTS-MA sound track merged with the original HDDVD VC-1 transfer. I looked at hidefdigest's review and they call out some of the same issues the German reviewers did regarding some softness and some edge enhancement. I'll wait till it comes up on sale from Amazon.de...

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone bite on the German Edition?

There's also a new Japanese version coming out on 4/1. Price is about $50 right now. No thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts