AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be able to get ahold of this CRT when the room is redecorated, this projector, to my knowlage, has not been powered up in about 15 years! :eek:

It's a Barco Data, but it doesnt say what model it is, here's a piccy:

http://electro.ath.cx/crtprojector/b...a/whatisit.jpg

Other pics, some are a little dark, are here, http://electro.ath.cx/crtprojector/barcodata/

I belive its missing a small box that was connected on the end of the cables, I think thats known as the RCVDS4, As far as I know that part is missing.

I might go down to have a look at this CRT next week, I have my own Barco Data 600, so I'll take the small white control box thats plugged into the back, will that work on the projector ?

Finally, because it hasn't been used for about 15 years, are there any precautions or safety checks that I should perform before applying power ?

Thanks in advance guys!

-Dave

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, plan B, anyone got any manuals PDF's or anything I can read regarding the specs of this projector ?

Cheers!

-Dave

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
There is a long part number on the chassis. From that you can get all the specs on that unit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i guess it's a barco data2, (the cover looks just like one i have stocked somewhere around). it is not a barco data pc because otherwise "pc" was printed on the cover of this pj.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am affraid it is an old one: before 1987. I found one pretty similar here in Switzerland. The lense seem to be 7''. You won't get much satisfaction from an old one like this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I use a Barco Data 600 at home, I got it very cheap and it seems to do me fine :)

Would this be much worse than a the BD600 that I got ?

Cheers for your help guys :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok here's another thought, lets say It's not worth using it as a projector, can the tubes, lenses, boards etc be used in my Data 600 as spares ?

Cheers!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi,

You might be better off going home !!!

If you post you question on the crt forum at homecinemachoice in the UK, you'll find that they have a bit more technical support for older barco projectors.

Your photo looks a bit like a 400 or earlier model.

Brian.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Electro,

use it for spares, is exactly what I did. I tested this old barco I found on the street. It was hopeless. I confirmed the verdict watching the CRTs with a flashlight, through the lenses: white on the sides, and orange on the center, big trapezoidal wear. So I have stored all cards and will throw the rest. Some components are equals. You could for example quickly replace a bad capacitor with an old (working) one, but it is recommended to buy a new one of course when your troubleshooting is over.

·
Registered
94 Posts
barco data pc.

g.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.