AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
Another surprise from NBC.

It's in HD from NBC Dayton affiliate, No HD in Cincinnati.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Nice surprise...wasn't listed on AtlantaDTV.Org. Anyhow, kids are watching right now. Looked pretty decent from what I could tell.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
It looks a little green and fuzzy ;)

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Upon watching, I have some comments.

The parts with Whoopie. The contrast looks off and the whites are too bright.

Also, there is pixelation between certain scenes. Maybe heavily compressed?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Great picture quality from NBC...Seeing the muppets again brings back memories from childhood. I loved the detail in the muppets that have never really been noticeable on analog. Also, high def has also made Frank Oz's Kermit the Frog mannerisms much more noticeable.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LewisD
Great picture quality from NBC...Seeing the muppets again brings back memories from childhood. I loved the detail in the muppets that have never really been noticeable on analog. Also, high def has also made Frank Oz's Kermit the Frog mannerisms much more noticeable.
Frank Oz performs Miss Piggy. Kermit is performed by Steve Whitmire (originally performed by the late Jim Henson).

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mmost
Frank Oz performs Miss Piggy. Kermit is performed by Steve Whitmire (originally performed by the late Jim Henson).
Actually, Frank Oz did not perform Miss Piggy for this movie. I forgot the gentleman's name that did, but Oz did not. I read that during a review and was a little surprised it wasn't him. Couldn't really tell any difference though.

I agree with Kipp also. I had no idea it would be in HD. All I did was record it on the UltimateTV for the kids. If I'd known it was HD...

·
Registered
891 Posts
Likewise, I was out of town and recorded it on the ReplayTV rather than the HiPix. Arg...

NBC, we like the HD, but if we don't know it's coming and miss it, it's more frustrating than if it wasn't in HD in the first place!

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Carollo
Likewise, I was out of town and recorded it on the ReplayTV rather than the HiPix. Arg...

NBC, we like the HD, but if we don't know it's coming and miss it, it's more frustrating than if it wasn't in HD in the first place!
No, no - just kidding! Even if some of us are going to miss it, spread as much HD cheer as you can!

Tim

·
Registered
680 Posts
Great picture quality on the Muppets movie. I saw some criticism of the outdoor scenes, but I thought those shots were fantastic. Seeing the muppets in HD was like seeing them for the first time..very cool. Kudos again to NBC for this, just like Faith Hill, but they need to tell us about it.

Now if only NBC had carried the Victoria Secret special......

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
is this being rebroadcast? it was bad enough i missed the faith hill in hd (which i'll catch later), but i REALLY wanted to see this and didn't get a chance. dammit. i want my hd muppets!!!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
OK - seriously - this is starting to look like someones joke. Our NBC affiliate is generally on top of all of these things (automated switching, etc - no asleep at the switch issues) - yet both the Faith Hill and Muppets were 14:9 stretched SD. Was this stuff really in HD? And if so, I guess we'll have to call our affiliate in St. Louis

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.