AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - the dtvpal EPG sounds good - but why couldnn't they make the remote control the on/off and volume on the tv. I think having to have 2 remotes for every TV is going to be much more annoying than a limited EPG.

Any one else agree? Go for best picture - with a remote that controls those basics on the TV. You have to get back to the basics - before you should build the additional enhancements.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I agree, reviewers would help by including more evaluations of removes.

For seniors in particular, the simplicity of a single remote combined with large buttons and clear labels makes a big difference.

The RCA is supposed to have big buttons but I've never found one. The Insignia/Zenith twins have a pretty friendly remote. On the other had, I found the Channel Master remote that I tried particularly easy to push the wrong buttons, because of both size and layout.

Likewise, reviewers can help by evaluation the legibility of on-screen displays.

Anyone expert in ergonomics care to contribute here?

·
Registered
779 Posts
find a cecb that uses codes from a universal remote. many seem to be using a satellite box code.

universal remotes tend to be bigger buttoned. can also find them backlit. both better for many older folk. many models don't have many more buttons then those replacing so not too confusing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts