AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And it rarely works in my favor.

On August 29, I received the email from AVScience regarding the screaming deals on 5 projectors.

While we are/were in the market for a new PJ to replace our 2005 Yamaha LPX-510, a couple of weeks ago, Murphy (of Murphy's Law fame) decided that we needed to go in another direction.

My wife walked in to our master bathroom and then proceeded to ask me why our cork flooring outside our shower was warped and buckling.

To this simple question I replied, "Because it got wet from the underside".

Without going in to the gory, gross details, let's just say that whoever built the shower during some remodel before we bought the house 15 months ago, should be beat with heavy, blunt objects and then thrown into the Amazon.

The tile and grout failed, with no membrane behind it. Just straight on to drywall. (Get it? "dry"wall?)

Since it was not a plumbing failure, insurance will not pay anything.

So the funds originally intended to finish the theater room, buy a new receiver and projector, are now diverted to remodel our bathroom.

New subfloor, drywall, WATERPROOF MEMBRANE FROM FLOOR TO CEILING, new tile, etc.

It's all about timing.

At least we disciovered it now instead of later when there would have been a LOT more structural damage.

Life gets in the way of my life.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Jerry,

There are few things that get me more steamed than people who don't take pride in what they do enough to learn how to do a job right. No backerboard with tile on drywall is just NUTS! It's sad, with the Internet, you can learn the right way to do almost anything today.

Good luck....

Matt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.