AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wel its Christmas time boys and time to get a new toy. Or should i say toy'"S". Well my birthday is this Saturday plus people are asking what i want for the holiday. I said money of course which means i will get around 400-500 and think its time to boost my system since it doesnt sound the same in my new APT. which has a living room of 400x ft and 2 bed rooms of 300sq. ft each. (BTW, I just got AVIA, spl meter(analog) and Grado sr-60's from my parents and brothers)

Heres my current setup.

Kenwood vr-507

JBL n26

JBL n24

JBL n center

Sony Sawm40

SD1800 dvd

Mag. 27in. tv

I really want bigger speakers with more sound that my reciever can handle. What do you think would be a good upgrade and could you point me to the good dealz.

WHat i have been looking at were More JBL speakers since i love them!!! I have seen the s310's,s312's,n38's blah blah blah. PLEASE make some recommendations.

Who knows, maybe ill buy used stuff if the price is good. Point this stuff out to me guys.

I leave this post at you guys disposal

·
Registered
161 Posts
Based on what you currently have I would check out the Paradigm Reference Studio 100. Very nice speakers. I think they are around 2k. Really most of the speakers from Canada seem to be good values. (Energy Mirage)

I personally own Monitor Audio Silver 5i. I love them but I've recently been bitten by the time/phase bug and want to upgrade to Thiels.

Also the Legacy SigIII are very nice speakers. I've had a chance to hear them on three different occasions and really liked them.

The diva and rocket speakers get plenty of attention it would probably be smart to check them out.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have Studio 38`s for mains and N26 for rears. I am very happy with them .The N 26 is a really good budget speaker. The Paradigm reference line would be a step up for sound quality. With a receiver I would recommend the bookshelf`s. Low bass takes a lot of power to get it right.

If bass is what you are after I would start your upgrade by going with a Paradigm PW 2200 $799.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.