AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one day to return this HDTV to Walmart should I choose to do so. My question is there anything in a similar price range that has a better overall performance?

For the most part, I enjoy this tv. The only slight reservations I have about it is sometimes when the picture pans quickly, there is some frame rate hiccups. In addition, there seems to be some ever so slight artifacts I notice when watching a citcom or drama.

For those who own or have owned this tv, what are your opinions? Is there something better at this particular price point?

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Yes, rush right out and exchange it. If you play your cards right, you'll never have to pay for a new TV again.

How are those two VIZIOs & that Sony EX500 working out for you?

In looking at your posts over the past few months, you seem to be pretty darned hard to please.

·
Registered
718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_63017 /forum/post/20528702

I have one day to return this HDTV to Walmart should I choose to do so. My question is there anything in a similar price range that has a better overall performance?

For the most part, I enjoy this tv. The only slight reservations I have about it is sometimes when the picture pans quickly, there is some frame rate hiccups. In addition, there seems to be some ever so slight artifacts I notice when watching a citcom or drama.

For those who own or have owned this tv, what are your opinions? Is there something better at this particular price point?

Well it's too bad you waited until day 89 to inquire about your slight reservations. There is a really good owner's thread for the LG LD line here on AVS. Perhaps you could have gotten some suggestions there. You've left no time for us to ask questions about your signal source, settings, propose possible solutions, and for you to evaluate proposed solutions.

·
Registered
18,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_63017 /forum/post/20528702

I have the 47LD520 that I bought in January and couldn't be happier. Any questions or issues that I thought I had I got answered in the LD group. And once I calibrated it, the LD has been spectacular.

·
Registered
18,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by omeletpants /forum/post/20529749

This kind of customer abuse is why TVs are priced the way they are. I wish the Mods would delete these kinds of threads

Obviously nothing is ever going to satisfy them because the perfect tv doesn't exist. Maybe they should just stick to books

·
Registered
278 Posts
The problem is not with the consumer (yes, he seems to be a PITA) but with the retailer's policy. Allowing this type of big ticket item to be returned just because "you don't like it that much" or "think there is one out there that would be 2% better" is beyond stupid. If it were up to me, you'd have about 3 days to figure out if you like it in your house or not, and that's being generous.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_63017

Interesting point Dan... I just never really thought about it that way.... I can actually be watching different brands / models / screen size TV's, keep swapping them every 3 months, go like that for year(s) and keep myself entertained. Now, if I could only find a store / chain that will do free delivery / pick-up Any suggestions?

Boky

1 - 8 of 8 Posts