AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I my last three items to purchase - the carpet, the seats and the PJ. I had all but decided on the Epson Pro Series 1080 UB but with it being discontinued and and having some issues - I am open to suggestions for others. I need to stay under $3000 for the PJ purchase. Here is some info about the theater:

Dimensions: 11.5' W x 19' L x 8.5' H ***The room is actually a little longer as it opens up in the back but this is a good description of the actual seating area, etc.

Front seats sit approx 11' from the screen.

Components, etc:

Onkyo TX-606

PS3 (for gaming and blu ray)

Apple TV (havent purchased yet but will soon)

Episode Series 7.1 surround in-wall speakers

Dragonfly 92" Matte White Screen

Logitech Harmony 1000 Remote

ATS Acoustical Panels - 24" x 48" x 2 (black)

This is a very budget theater as a buddy and I did all the work ourselves. I also had a great faux connection who painted the faux stone wall behind the screen - it actually FEELS like stone....really cool.

So here I am getting ready to order the carpet and seats this week. I am thinking I am leaning towards the Epson Home Cinema 6500 UB.

I am am not very savvy with the convergence, callibration, etc so I am a little nervous about whether or not I am going to be able to determine if the PJ has an issue. Where can I start reading about PJ basics? I need to start with something very elementary, unfortunately.

Here are a couple pics of the theater so far:

·
Premium Member
2,218 Posts
If you were already leaning towards the 1080UB the 6500 is going to be more of the same, yet incrementally better!

Your room is shaping up very nicely. Impressive work!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Nice job.

I have some ATS panels (and Realtraps too) and the Harmony One.

I would also look at the Sony HW10. The Epson is brighter, but you are in good shape for light control and your screen is not huge. The Sony will be quieter and you are in somewhat of a confined area. The Sony also has convergence adjustment. Available from AVS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts