Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all these months........

As I type this, there are two guys carrying a Fuji 42VHA20US up the stairs to my den. They've got all kinds of equipment and a good plan for the over-the-fireplace mount. ohmygodohmygodohmygod.......

will keep you updated, if you're interested.

·
Registered
491 Posts
way to go ferky1...enjoy the world of plasma...

·
Registered
798 Posts
Now this is why I enjoy this forum.......Yes all the tech is good but you can actually see a smile on ferky's face!!

Enjoy!!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Smile? SMILE? I'm freakin' flippin' out man!

All of the components are nicely boxed and stacked and patiently waiting. The satellite installer just called to say he'll be here very soon. Holes are being cut, studs are being measured........ I'm trying to let these guys work but it's hard not to watch every single thing they do and talk to them about it.

Kippjones: A friend was supposed to drop off his digital camera but he didn't, so no joy on the before and during pics, but I will definitely be posting some afters.

this must be what crack feels like, cause it doesn't get any better. . . .

·
Registered
263 Posts
Congratulations Ferky1. Please give us a detalied review of the new FUJI 42EDTV. I checked with Fujitsu to find a dealer in New England. Called all of them and even visited one. Not a single 42VHA42OUS is on display in New England! Everyone seems to have last year's models on display or the 50" HD. Fuji distribution system is really bad. Found one dealer who claimed to have it in a box, but was not going to put it on dispaly until he sold the old model 42". Amazing that they sell any. Did you get to see the new one before buying it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your going to love it. I'm jealous of the fireplace mount. You'll have to let me know how that turns out. Have had my Fujitsu for all of like 10 days. I'm curious as to where you will end up on settings. Tried to set mine up off Video Essentials but wasn't really happy with the final product. Have had a rear projection calibrated by David Abrams so have some clue as to what the final product should look like. Ken Ross was nice enough to share his setting for the 50" that i've used and it was the first night i wasn't changing the settings every time i changed channels.

greg

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Speakers are in.

Chief lateral mounting bracket is attached (very strangely placed studs necessitated a lateral movement bracket)

Satellite installers are drilling and banging away to run these new lines.

Called into work and lied through my teeth to get the rest of the day off. I was really sweating that they were going to make me come in.

So far the only two negative things: (1) the satellite folks are balking at mounting the dish today. It's raining and they say it's too dangerous to go up on the roof in the rain; and (2) the display has been laying down on its face for a while now (with padding underneath it). I know that some people say to never put it face-down, but the installers insist that there is no risk of harm to the display and I can't find anything in the manual saying not to lay it that way. I guess I have to trust them.

Malachy - the store where I purchased the plasma did not have the SD on display. It had only HD plasmas on the storeroom floor because, I'm sure, they don't want people seeing how good SD can look. After I spoke to the salesman for a while and he was very clear that HD was not in my budget and I was REALLY interested in the 42VHA, he went into the back, came out with the display tucked under his arm and he set it up for me (I almost had a heart attack). Seeing the display with both HD and SD source next to the Fuji HD 50" and Sony and Pio HDs absolutely sealed the deal. It was spectacular for so much less.

Be back soon.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hope the install goes well. My P42VHA will be delivered Thursday, but no fancy setup. Mine will use the factory table stand for now on top of a Lovan rack hooked to a Denon 3803 driving Phase Tech speakers and a Denon DVD1600. The local cable company (Cox) is dragging its feet with the rollout of HDTV, so just digital cable for now. I may go with DirecTV if my patience with Cox runs out.

Anyway, congrats and look forward to your posts.

Pete...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ferky1

Called into work and lied through my teeth to get the rest of the day off. I was really sweating that they were going to make me come in.

Be back soon.
Just got off the phone with your boss. He's very anxious to see your setup once everything is done. Oh yeah, and you're fired.... :) (just kidding)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ladies and Gentlemen -

there is a plasma hanging over my fireplace! It doesn't have power or a picture, but it's there and can very easily be tilted back and forth. It looks VERY cool. WAF should be high.

Satellite folks just returned and concluded that it is now dry enough to work on the roof. Some guy is up there right now.

So close. . . .

·
Registered
315 Posts
When mine came in I came down with a case of plasmitis (it's very hard to diagnose).

You may as well call in that you'll be late in the morning, I gaurantee you'll be up until 2am watching DVD's.

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by nospam_online
When mine came in I came down with a case of plasmitis (it's very hard to diagnose).
I had a terrible bout with plasma pox just a few weeks ago, barely survived and had to consume about three gallons of beer to get rid of it (I LOVE my Doctor).:p

·
Registered
711 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by nospam_online
Not hard at all to diagnose - just hard to explain to anyone without one :D

BTW - Congrats (and jealous) ferky. Can't wait to see pics.

Dick

·
Registered
471 Posts
Did someone just have a baby? Cool, I'll be entering the HDTV market soon. Just starting on my understanding, but the computer stuff I've been working towards so some of it comes easy.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.