AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my HD Panny 42" 15 minutes ago!

It's all set up and I'm about 10 minutes away from firing it up!

HOORAY!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First, let me say that I was very pleased with the image quality of these units in stores such as Good Guys and Circuit City, despite the viewing conditions, however, nothing can make up for a situation where you can actually control the viewing situation.

I just watched about 20 minutes of AOTC using some 'stock' calibrations I pulled off of this board, and to quote Keanu Reeves..."whoa."

For those of you that are yet hesitant, I don't know what you're waiting for--this thing crushes my CRT 36" Sony Wega (have 'em both running side-by-side), and any loss in black levels (my biggest concern in taking the plunge), have been completely negated.

Hell, I haven't even tried using a component input on this thing yet (I'm running on S-Video till my RP-82 shows up) and I'm agog at the picture quality.

Before I go bask in its radiance once more, I leave you with this thought:

Believe the hype.

(more impressions later)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by JCS
Congratulations! Any problems with the dreaded buzzing noise?
So far the only 'problem' has been some ghosting on letterboxed films--I watched Lord of the Rings (the extended version) and after I turned it off, the middle area was darker than the very top and bottom edges. However, that went away within 5-10 minutes.

As for fan noise, buzzing, etc. none of that is any issue at all--when you start the display up, you can hear an initial 'whirrr' but after that, nothing; even when the room is dead quiet.

Needless to say, I'm quite pleased and I'm going to compose a full review over the next few days, after I've had some time using the component input on DVDs and games (that stuff arrives tomorrow).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.