I just bought a new 50" plasma TV last week and I wanted everyone to know that:

- It doesn't buzz

- Nothing is floating around in it

- It's not cracked

- I don't see any jaggies, green speckles, rainbow reflections

- They delivered it at the beginning of the 3 hours window

- The delivery guy said please and thank you

- I got a great deal

- I am wicked freakin' happy - the TV is mint!

So, it's not all doom and gloom folks. There are nice TVs at good prices out there. I am sure I've jinxed myself and that it'll be on fire when I get home and it will have possessed the souls of all my loved ones, emptied my bank account, ruined my credit rating and fired artillery on a small disputed island in the Korean DMZ. but I just wanted people to know about a positive experience.

·
Registered
722 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel'son /forum/post/19535639

.. and its a 50pk750, right.

your long-lost pet hamster, Benjie.

^^ .. good post.

I hope so... yes them Samsungs are great! I wonder if it is one that can be upgraded in the service menu too??

The only reason I didn't get a Sammy is we went with a simple 42" 720p for the bedroom.

We do have a 2 yr old 61" Sammy kicking butt as our primary TV. Even though people complain about service and reliablity issues.

All I can say is you always have an option to send it back for an exchange if it is a lemon on your first few days.

Samsung also will exchange to a different model of similar value if your caught with lack of service replacements.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocuMaker /forum/post/19536047

Enjoy it while you can for the next 758 days.

Let's hope the OLEDs are out by then

·
Banned
2,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StardogChampion
Let's hope the OLEDs are out by then
Doesn't matter if OLED's are out...on Dec 21, 2012. Of course this is all a bunch of hype and the world will not end. Who knows, maybe I can pick of some good deals when people sell everything and head for the hills

·
Registered
148 Posts
To the OP.

Mother Love Bone continues to be one of my favorite bands of all time. Love your screen name.

I also will echo your experience. I 3 weeks ago bought a Panasonic Plasma and have none of the complaints frequently read on the forum. It has worked flawlessly since the day I bought it. (no breaking in DVD for me).

·
Registered
721 Posts
I can appreciate the positivity of this parody thread, but to be fair, its really sucks to pay $600-4000 for a new television only to find problems out of the box(some of which are pretty intolerable).

·
Registered
148 Posts
Still if one were to just read the forums and attempt to purchase a problem free HDTV, they would never be able to do it.

Most of the threads are this doesn't work or this looks strange. I understand the purpose of them but there are many more people who never post (or even know what AVS is) that have problem free HDTV viewing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.