AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. HD-500 and Terk HDTV 60 (save the jokes, it actually has worked great for me). I'm about 25 miles from the transmitters, and until 2 days ago, got excellent reception on NBC and ABC, and pretty good on Fox and CBS (some intermittent signal drop-out). I went away on vacation for two weeks, and turned off the power injector to the antenna. When I returned, if I turn on the power injector, I get no signal on any local digital station. If I leave it off, I get a signal, but it is weaker than I had before. CBS is ok, but with more drop-outs, and Fox is unwatchable. Again, the only thing I changed is turning off the power injector for two weeks, then turning it on again. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm not sure of the problem you have here. My suggetion however would be to simply turn on the power injector, then perfom a channel search to see if the stb will pick up all the digital stations you had prior to your vacation.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The Terk HDTV60 is not a very good antenna for UHF reception. It is pretty good on channels 2-6, average on 7-13, but has very low sensitivity on 16-69.

My guess is (having tested one pretty extensively last year) that the internal preamp (also called the "power injector") has gone south. If you are receiving primarily UHF DTV, you may want to switch to an all-UHF antenna. There have been numerous posts here about Channel Master antennas.

More good information on DTV reception, antennas, preamps, and set-topb boxes is available at www.projectorexpert.com.

KC

·
Registered
780 Posts
There is a red LED in the center of the orange bar in the antenna that lights up when the power injector is on. Check to make sure it is lit.

Tony

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
If the signal goes through without the internal preamp working, you can add a external amp and keep the antenna.

Glenn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.