AVS Forum banner

It's OFFICIAL. Theta taking HDMI pre-orders on Monday

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Bulldogger 
#1 ·
Just kidding. This was for Steve who just sold his Theta gear. Would love to see Steve's face reading the thread title. Would be a great April Fools Joke... to bad it's too early. LOL

#3 ·
But that begs the questions...what did he get to replace his beloved Theta...

#4 ·
Steve would never leave Theta.... He'd never hear the end of it from me - his favorite Theta basher.

That said, if he dud leave Theta, It's all over for that brand (though for it's been over for a long time).

#6 ·
The Cary thread lists many issues with the 11a and 11v. Poor support, too. Just a FYI.

#7 ·
Yep. Steve not listing what he supposedly replaced it with and all that BS about selling it under a false name to escape his name bashing by DW smells like a feable April Fools joke. His April Fools jokes are so lame in his old age that the only ones they fool are indeed fools. So stay out of that club and do not be sucked in.

#8 ·
Even if Theta did release HDMI, it is still going to be a failure. Ethernet IP, for one, is going to be a critical feature.

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich /forum/post/18314639

Yep. Steve not listing what he supposedly replaced it with and all that BS about selling it under a false name to escape his name bashing by DW smells like a feable April Fools joke. His April Fools jokes are so lame in his old age that the only ones they fool are indeed fools. So stay out of that club and do not be sucked in.

One thing that should raise suspicion about the veracity of the claim is the fact that no CBIIIs with multiple Xtreme cards have recently been sold on Audiogon (or ebay). In fact, the last sucker to buy one on Audiogon was me ...... (I don't regret it). The chances of selling one through any other channel are small....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.