AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the search is finally over after 6 long months. I got the Mitsubishi LT46131 today and it's perfect. I love it.

Only one thing..I can't use 1080p out of it with the xbox360 via component but the PS3 does the 1080p no problem.

Anyone looking for an exellent LCD with none of the BS of the Magic Cloud XBR2 or the Samsungs or the banding etc, etc just go and get the Mitsubishi turn it on and enjoy it.

Finally!

One more thing..I still love my Samsung S5053 and I think movies look better on Plasma but games and pc alot better on LCD.

·
Registered
685 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Malmsteen /forum/post/0

Well, the search is finally over after 6 long months. I got the Mitsubishi LT46131 today and it's perfect. I love it.

Only one thing..I can't use 1080p out of it with the xbox360 via component but the PS3 does the 1080p no problem.

Anyone looking for an exellent LCD with none of the BS of the Magic Cloud XBR2 or the Samsungs or the banding etc, etc just go and get the Mitsubishi turn it on and enjoy it.

Finally!

One more thing..I still love my Samsung S5053 and I think movies look better on Plasma but games and pc alot better on LCD.

Congrats! I'm enjoying my 46131, too.

I actually looked at the Sammy 50" as well, but the glare from my picture window would have rendered it unusable in the daytime. Going LCD was a no-brainer.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

I just ran into my first problem with the set...I CAN'T turn it off. My brother comes over and plays Madden, my gf watches blue Ray movies (no choice the ps3 is hooked up to it) my friend's kid comes over and wants to stay the whole day playing xbox and ps3...only problem with it so far. Can't keep it for myself for more than 40 min.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts

Quote:

Thanks guys.

I just ran into my first problem with the set...I CAN'T turn it off. My brother comes over and plays Madden, my gf watches blue Ray movies (no choice the ps3 is hooked up to it) my friend's kid comes over and wants to stay the whole day playing xbox and ps3...only problem with it so far. Can't keep it for myself for more than 40 min.

I guess you'll just have to go out and get another one!

·
Registered
7,140 Posts

Quote:

Thanks guys.

You did get the extended warranty? Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Interesting that the Mits wins the award for no banding since it is based off a Sharp panel. If either of the theories are correct (tainted rollers or blu) as to what causes the banding, I don't see how Mits would've fixed it. Both would be internal to the panel, and not fixable by Mits.

Anyhow, enjoy your banding-free (and cloud-free, and overscan-free) LCD!

·
Registered
62 Posts

Quote:

Finally!

I just looked at this panel on Amazon.com today.

Actualyl I looked at the 46131 and the 46231...

I couldn't tell the difference (other than $300) from the specs. What am I missing?

-Kyle

·
Registered
1,717 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
What size is it? and apparently it doesnt do 1080p through component ins or you would be able to play 360 on it in 1080p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.