AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I LOVE LFE's So After setting up the room for everything else. I figured now is time to address the good stuff :)

I will be working with 2 Sub's, ONE in the front of room and ONE in the rear of room.

The room is sized as following. 9.5Wx24L

I have the following areas to work with,  H24xD24xW96 For front sub, And H16xD50xW96 for the rear sub. Which I know all of this area will not be needed. 

I was looking into the FI 18" Subs as they seem to be very common on the board but am open to any suggestions. I want something that when watching Jurasic park III, i feel like i need to make a run for it :)

I'm not looking to break the bank so i'm looking for the stuff that's the best bang for the buck!  I was reading a couple threads regarding this and it for sure seems around 17-18 HZ is where I want the box to be tuned to?

Then there is the next set of questions, DO i want down firing sub and port? Ports out subs down?  

The amp I was interested in using is the EP4000, I seen in the spec's this plays down to 20hz, is this not a great choice?

Very rarely do i kick back and listen to audio in the room.  90% HT use. 

All the help and suggestions are very much appreciated. 

·
Registered
5,432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Adkins  /t/1523012/its-time-time-i-make-lfe-present-in-my-room-plenty-of-space/0_80#post_24494810

I LOVE LFE's So After setting up the room for everything else. I figured now is time to address the good stuff

I will be working with 2 Sub's, ONE in the front of room and ONE in the rear of room.

The room is sized as following. 9.5Wx24L

I have the following areas to work with,  H24xD24xW96 For front sub, And H16xD50xW96 for the rear sub. Which I know all of this area will not be needed. 

I was looking into the FI 18" Subs as they seem to be very common on the board but am open to any suggestions. I want something that when watching Jurasic park III, i feel like i need to make a run for it

I'm not looking to break the bank so i'm looking for the stuff that's the best bang for the buck!  I was reading a couple threads regarding this and it for sure seems around 17-18 HZ is where I want the box to be tuned to?

Then there is the next set of questions, DO i want down firing sub and port? Ports out subs down?  

The amp I was interested in using is the EP4000, I seen in the spec's this plays down to 20hz, is this not a great choice?

Very rarely do i kick back and listen to audio in the room.  90% HT use. 

All the help and suggestions are very much appreciated. 

1) EP4000 plays well below 20.

2) Grab 2 SI 18 D2's before they're gone

3) Throw together a couple Marty subs

4) Enjoy

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
First off, nice room. I know we are all itching at mentioning the perfect sub for this room, couch, couch "Marty Cubes"!!!

Forget the back one. Put 2 in the front right in the corners. Get the Stereo Integrity subs or the FI subs and call it good. If you have to have one in the back then I know there has been a modified version of the marty subs that was a little more narrow, that one might work for you. I think your amp is fine. Is that an amp you have or will be purchasing?

·
Registered
5,432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cessna1466u  /t/1523012/its-time-time-i-make-lfe-present-in-my-room-plenty-of-space/0_80#post_24494976

First off, nice room. I know we are all itching at mentioning the perfect sub for this room, couch, couch "Marty Cubes"!!!

Forget the back one. Put 2 in the front right in the corners.

LOL.

Why not split them up?

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I wa
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass addict  /t/1523012/its-time-time-i-make-lfe-present-in-my-room-plenty-of-space#post_24494978

LOL.

Why not split them up?

I was just thinking of his space limitations, the 16" height might have been an issue unless he can modify the cube to work with that. If he can split them it would be great but when I looked at the pictures the only thing I can think of and its hard to see from the pictures was maybe to put one behind the first row of seats.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I don't have a amp yet, This is what i was looking at with pricing :) 

Reasoning behind going with custom box is i can use the stage and step up for rear seats to incorporate the sub box's. Using dead space :)

Thanks for the compliment on the room!  Someday I will sit down and go YES i'm happy... ( Probably not) =D

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
If your front stage is hollow, then I would definitely try to put them in there somehow. That will look awesome. Someone else that has a little more experience will chime in with how it might affect the sound being built in there. As far as looks it would look very nice but sometimes looks and function don't go together.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Subs were just ordered. They are DUAL 2's  

Is the best amp for this setup going to be the EP4000? I would like to get it all ordered now. 

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Double post.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cessna1466u  /t/1523012/its-time-time-i-make-lfe-present-in-my-room-plenty-of-space#post_24495017

If your front stage is hollow, then I would definitely try to put them in there somehow. That will look awesome. Someone else that has a little more experience will chime in with how it might affect the sound being built in there. As far as looks it would look very nice but sometimes looks and function don't go together.
This is what i'm hoping for! Lets see what the gurus have to say!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Adkins  /t/1523012/its-time-time-i-make-lfe-present-in-my-room-plenty-of-space#post_24495033

Subs were just ordered. They are DUAL 2's  

Is the best amp for this setup going to be the EP4000? I would like to get it all ordered now. 

Looks like it will work I don't know how much it will cost but I see that it doesn't have any DSP abilities. Do you have any other way to eq your subs? If not then maybe look at the inuke3000dsp or better yet the inuke6000dsp if the cost is ok.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cessna1466u  /t/1523012/its-time-time-i-make-lfe-present-in-my-room-plenty-of-space#post_24495075

Looks like it will work I don't know how much it will cost but I see that it doesn't have any DSP abilities. Do you have any other way to eq your subs? If not then maybe look at the inuke3000dsp or better yet the inuke6000dsp if the cost is ok.
I could swing the 6000 if you guys thing the gains are worth it for me!   

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cessna1466u  /t/1523012/its-time-time-i-make-lfe-present-in-my-room-plenty-of-space#post_24495096

I do but wait a few minutes to see if anyone else chimes in. They more than I do.
At this point i'm sure i'm at the cut off point for shipping today anyways.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
If you do not have any other form of EQ, I like the Inukes for their DSP capabilities. They are just ugly as sin, lol.

The 6000 would give you plenty of hp and the price is great.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

All i have for proccessing now is my Pioneer VSX-1122

·
Registered
5,432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Adkins  /t/1523012/its-time-time-i-make-lfe-present-in-my-room-plenty-of-space/0_80#post_24495120

All i have for proccessing now is my Pioneer VSX-1122

I'd go with the Inuke then. Make sure you pick up the right connectors for them though.

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
BTW, I like the room. I always love seeing small theater builds, as you have to be more creative with the space. Mine isn't much bigger at 10'8" x 24. I have the same seating config.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts