AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to a great Christmas present from my girlfriend, I have set up a new ZoneBridge to my wi-fi router and ZP90 to my AVR.

I have a MacPro computer and have not set up the Sonos to access my iTunes yet. The reason for not setting it up yet are because I have ReadyNAS Duo on the way based on everyone's great input I will either move or copy my iTunes library to the NAS OR I am thinking of re-copying all of my CD collection (400 CDs) in FLAC to the NAS drive. My collection is currently burned as mp3 @ 192kb.

I would like everyones thoughts if I should move my iTunes folder to the NAS and let it operate to both the Sonos and MacPro OR copy all my audio files to the NAS using that for the Sonos but keep iTunes music intact to run on the Mac (I'm thinking this could be a good backup method) OR re-burn all the CDs to the NAS in FLAC and use that just for the Sonos.

If I do a new burn of my CDs in FLAC what would be good software to use with the Mac?

· Registered
4,278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by focker /forum/post/15417894

Thanks to a great Christmas present from my girlfriend, I have set up a new ZoneBridge to my wi-fi router and ZP90 to my AVR.

I have a MacPro computer and have not set up the Sonos to access my iTunes yet. The reason for not setting it up yet are because I have ReadyNAS Duo on the way based on everyone's great input I will either move or copy my iTunes library to the NAS OR I am thinking of re-copying all of my CD collection (400 CDs) in FLAC to the NAS drive. My collection is currently burned as mp3 @ 192kb.

I would like everyones thoughts if I should move my iTunes folder to the NAS and let it operate to both the Sonos and MacPro OR copy all my audio files to the NAS using that for the Sonos but keep iTunes music intact to run on the Mac (I'm thinking this could be a good backup method) OR re-burn all the CDs to the NAS in FLAC and use that just for the Sonos.

If I do a new burn of my CDs in FLAC what would be good software to use with the Mac?

I would rip to apple lossless and put everything on the NAS. that should simplify life versus 2 copies of everything.

· Registered
3 Posts
Sonos has native support for Apple Lossless as does iTunes. However iTunes doesn't support FLAC.

Also you shouldn't be reticent to use the iTunes library on your MacPro for your ZP90. The Sonos will support multiple libraries and you can easily and simply go from one library to another from your Sonos controller's music library menus.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.