AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i buy a video (tv shows) from itunes, is there a way for me to play the media files in media center or do i need to use itunes for playback? i dont have an ipod nor do i use itunes, so i have no idea what file type the media is in.

Im sure there is some kind of drm associated with it.

i see there is a program called mctunes, does that work with 7mc?

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone...anyone...

bueller...

·
Registered
705 Posts
I've tried MCETunes and it's OK but has some problems. The UI is a little kludgy and it launches quicktime to play back the video and it's a bit less than a smooth transition.

I could live with all that but it has issues getting the aspect ratio correct and tends to either stretch or crop the video.

I've found no other solution other than just starting up iTunes.

I think in theory you could setup MediaBrowser with an external player option to launch either iTunes or Quicktime for iTunes video but I haven't tried that yet.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMGNYC /forum/post/16858249

I've tried MCETunes and it's OK but has some problems. The UI is a little kludgy and it launches quicktime to play back the video and it's a bit less than a smooth transition.

I could live with all that but it has issues getting the aspect ratio correct and tends to either stretch or crop the video.

I've found no other solution other than just starting up iTunes.

I think in theory you could setup MediaBrowser with an external player option to launch either iTunes or Quicktime for iTunes video but I haven't tried that yet.

that's an interesting idea...i dont have any video or music i may have to buy a show to test it out... will quicktime play itunes drm'd video or do i need itunes?

i found some articles about stripping out drm has anyone done that?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.