AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I picked up a Sharp LC45gx6u from Costco. I got it home and hooked up my Mac Mini through the DVI at 1280 x 768. So far, so good. The resolution is good enough to use for iTunes which is the primary use I anticipate with the computer for now.

When I turn on the iTunes visualizer (full screen) I get a blank screen and a message saying something like this input is not supported. I tried again running the visualizer within a window and it works just fine. Does the full screen visualizer kick out a different resolution than 1280 x 768?

I also have a tiny bit of over scan on the left and right. Can I turn off over scan without using switchres or displayconfig?

Thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
My Mits DLP detects a rez switch when I go full screen also. It drops from 720p to VGA.

I always thought it was because my analog connection...now, it looks like iTunes.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ribe,

The fix is fully documented in the GX6U thread on the avs forum. In short, iTunes Visualizer changes resolution when you launch it, to one that the sharp does not accept. All you need is a small utility like SwitchRes (the one I use) or DisplayConfig that locks the resolution, preventing all apps or specified apps (like iTunes) to change resolution. It's very simple to set-up and works flawlessly.

You really should try to connect your mac directly to the display to get 1080p (bypassing the AVC). You can then set up two resolutions: 1080p or 720p with SwitchRes and toggle from one to the other with your keyboard or remote, depending on what type of application you use. You might also want to get a DVI Switch from Gefen and DVI detective, so you can switch back and forth between your TV and your Computer without diconnecting cables. Really, read the threads on the GX in the AVS forum. It's long but well worth it.

Here is the link directly to the iTunes fix in the thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...es#post5147196

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
i noticed fullscreen iTunes 6.0x Windows XP sets my PJ to 480P also which is no good as the allignment onscreen is not matched (ie. black bars not fullscreen).

any suggestions for PC users?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.