AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 years ago - got a DOA SR6008, sent it off, took weeks without a response to get a replacement.

Last year - emailed them that Sirius keeps giving errors (which are common amongst others on AVSforum), they said it must be my ISP

Months ago - still having issues with Sirius, decided to give it another shot. Was told "We have received multiple reports of playback issues with SiriusXM and have done extensive testing on the issue. It has been determined that the issue does not lie within the product but with the SiriusXM server. Please contact SiriusXM for further support."

This past week - SR6008 had a firmware update that broke the on screen keyboard. Can't enter login for any networked services now. Sent Marantz a video showing the problem. Nearly a week later, no response. I haven't even brought up their web gui not working in Chrome.

With regards to the heading on their support page "Marantz America is listening" - they sure are listening. Just not answering *eyeroll*

Had to vent guys (while listening to Sirius via Chromecast). I'm done with DM products.

·
Registered
13,486 Posts
Sounds frustrating to say the least, I feel for you.

For the record - 3 years with Denon AVRs here and not a single issue...although, I don't use any of the networked services.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
At least they don't die on you like the Onkyos...

Reactions: toddman36

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
It sucks for sure when things dont work as Advertised! No issues using Sirius/XM, Pandora, Internet Radio, or Streaming Music or Pics from my P.C. on my Denon 4100! Mine works as Advertised.

Have you tried making Posts of your Issues on Denons/Marantzs Facebook or other Social Media Pages, that might be your best option in my opnion if calls and emails go nowhere to resolve your issues!

Reactions: Shadowed

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It sucks for sure when things dont work as Advertised! No issues using Sirius/XM, Pandora, Internet Radio, or Streaming Music or Pics from my P.C. on my Denon 4100! Mine works as Advertised.

Have you tried making Posts of your Issues on Denons/Marantzs Facebook or other Social Media Pages, that might be your best option in my opnion if calls and emails go nowhere to resolve your issues!
That's a good idea actually...I hate to think like "maybe if the problem is in front of others, they'll care" but it's really coming down to taking that approach.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
That's a good idea actually...I hate to think like "maybe if the problem is in front of others, they'll care" but it's really coming down to taking that approach.
Thats how I roll!:) If they wont acknowledge a Issue with theyre product or admit it is one! I go to every Social Media Outlet Im a member of, and sing it from the mountain top! Most companies dont like the bad press, and are more than likely to work on Resolving the problem quikly!:D

My local new stations even have a section where they address many types of issues with many different types of Companies, and 85% of the problems are resolved right away! And of course the best part, on Live T.V!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
The one thing for the life of me I cant get my 4100 Denon to do is to Save my Configuration! No matter what browser I use it just locks up the AVR and requires a Unplug! So I just gave up on it!:mad:

·
Registered
13,486 Posts
^^^

Make sure that Network is set to "Off in Standby", that's what worked for me.

Also, make sure you open the config.dat file in a hex editor to make sure it's not all zeros. ;)

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
^^^

Make sure that Network is set to "Off in Standby", that's what worked for me.

Also, make sure you open the config.dat file in a hex editor to make sure it's not all zeros. ;)
I tried it all! Nothing made a difference! I even tried it on my tablet, no luck!

·
Registered
13,486 Posts
I tried it all! Nothing made a difference! I even tried it on my tablet, no luck!
Dang, that sux. :( I use Chrome, did you try that?

Where is this config file?!
The config.dat file is created (saved on your hard drive wherever you have your donwload folder set in your browser) when you have a successful save through the web interface.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
That's why I will never use a receiver (or a "smart" TV for that matter) for its network capabilities. I want a receiver to be reliable and produce good sound. The TV will produce good picture. Period. That's all I care about and, of course, YMMV.

I really dig the Amazon Fire or AppleTV things that are out there. They work well enough and don't break the bank.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

The config.dat file is created (saved on your hard drive wherever you have your donwload folder set in your browser) when you have a successful save through the web interface.
Ah damn...got excited for a second and thought I could telnet into my SR6008 and actually do something :cool:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts

I tried Chrome, I.E., no luck! Ill give it another go sometime if I care too!

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
That's why I will never use a receiver (or a "smart" TV for that matter) for its network capabilities. I want a receiver to be reliable and produce good sound. The TV will produce good picture. Period. That's all I care about and, of course, YMMV.

I really dig the Amazon Fire or AppleTV things that are out there. They work well enough and don't break the bank.
I could not agree more. It seems that these
Network/Internet AVR's have nothing but headaches
When trying to use those "features".

Apple TV-$69 right now...syncs with my iPod and my
iTunes library on my Mac mini. I can AirPlay almost
Anything.

My main system has the Mac mini connected directly
To the AVR.

Reactions: Cattledog

·
Registered
4,082 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
But then again, Onkyo fixes is for free (even out of warranty) and extends it till 2018....
And Onkyo should if they ever want another customer again, as its been happening for 7 yrs atleast!:cool:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts