AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am paring up a Onkyo HT-7100 with the 606 receiver to a Samsung LN46B650 and was wondering what is the best way to hook this up? I was planning on running a HDMI cable from the HDMI OUT on the Receiver to the HDMI in on the TV then running everything else(HD box, PS3, XBOX,Wii etc) right in to the receiver. Is that the way to do it? I'd use HDMI for the Cablebox and The PS3 and probably component for the X-box and Wii.

2) Also what are the best settings to use on the Onkyo 606 for TV, movies and Gaming? I'm running a HD Box, DVD player and a PS3 at the moment.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes that is the best way to do it, hooking the HDMI cable from the receiver's HDMI out to your TV. Then using all the inputs on the receiver to plug everything into it.

As far as settings the only option I specifically recommend changing is the video output to "through", so that the receiver doesn't try and upscale the picture. All of your sources shouldn't really require upscaling, besides your TV should do a better job. All the audio options are up to you, everyone's hearing is different. Maybe you want more bass....etc Tinker with it until you are happy with the sound.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupfulloflol /forum/post/16949481

Yes that is the best way to do it, hooking the HDMI cable from the receiver's HDMI out to your TV. Then using all the inputs on the receiver to plug everything into it.

As far as settings the only option I specifically recommend changing is the video output to "through", so that the receiver doesn't try and upscale the picture. All of your sources shouldn't really require upscaling, besides your TV should do a better job. All the audio options are up to you, everyone's hearing is different. Maybe you want more bass....etc Tinker with it until you are happy with the sound.

Thanks for the reply
How do I change the Video output to Through?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.