AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my HT is progressing (drywall finally all up!) I'm starting to finalize plans for my riser setup. I will have 2 rows of Berkline 090's - 4 each row.

When I bought the chairs at the outlet sale, I got buttkickers for each one - so I have 8 of them.

Now I had originally planned for 2 buttkickers mounted inside the rear riser. The front row I was unsure about what to do. I actually had thought about building a small 6" riser, but would prefer to keep the first row at ground level.

My dilemma: hooking up 8 buttkickers takes a LOT of power. The BK amps say they run 2 BK each - meaning I would need 4 of them if I use the one BK per chair approach. This is quite a bit of cash on just the amps.

Any advice from anyone actually using the BK devices? I am aware of an "easy connect kit" which the website shows running 4 BK off of just one amp - then I could use just 2 amps to run all 8.

Would the effect be better with one per chair, or in the riser? I figure with the reclining chairs most people won't have their feet on the riser anyway.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Are you using the little BK3s or the older BK2s or BKs?

What is the size of your rear platform?

One option for the front row is a lower platform -- just enough to get it off the floor, the top mount the BKs. If you place them under, beside, or behind the chairs, they won't be a trip hazard.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The new BKLFE's.

I had thought about top-mounting the front. If I created a platform that just went under the chairs it might work, but I would still not have the "floor" effect that way.

If I made the front platform big enough to walk on, then it would have to be higher - at least 6 inches.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.