AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I saw the blu-ray Letters from Iwo Jima onsale in my local video store. And I think and think, want to buy but something is blocking me! I just can't stand the idea of knowingly buying an inferior product with low bitrate video and 20G useful space waste! Warner why keep screwing us!



regards,


Li On
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li On /forum/post/0


So I saw the blu-ray Letters from Iwo Jima onsale in my local video store. And I think and think, want to buy but something is blocking me! I just can't stand the idea of knowingly buying an inferior product with low bitrate video and 20G useful space waste! Warner why keep screwing us!



regards,


Li On

The picture on this film doesn't dissapoint. And that TrueHD is crisp. If it fits, it fits.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,418 Posts
I think it's a punt to VC1 as, it's the same encode as the HD DVD (see Flags of our Father review, one use full HDDVD, the other use full BD 50..)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
757 Posts
I already have watched both BRD's of Flag's of Our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima and one is not any better than the other, they are both of excellent quality.The poster of this thread will in no way be wasting his money by purchasing either movie on BRD.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
469 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li On /forum/post/0


So I saw the blu-ray Letters from Iwo Jima onsale in my local video store. And I think and think, want to buy but something is blocking me! I just can't stand the idea of knowingly buying an inferior product with low bitrate video and 20G useful space waste! Warner why keep screwing us!



regards,


Li On

This is a catastrophe. Don't buy it. Forget about the fact that it's a good movie. Forget about the fact that the PQ is very good. Only go by the specs that says it's an inferior quality movie and don't buy it and don't enjoy it. Show Warner that they will lose your business because of all this and that you'll sacrifice your potential enjoyment of this movie to teach Warner a lesson.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,607 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li On /forum/post/0


So I saw the blu-ray Letters from Iwo Jima onsale in my local video store. And I think and think, want to buy but something is blocking me! I just can't stand the idea of knowingly buying an inferior product with low bitrate video and 20G useful space waste! Warner why keep screwing us!



regards,


Li On

Why not read some reviews before dismissing it as "an inferior product"?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bferr1 /forum/post/0


Why not read some reviews before dismissing it as "an inferior product"?

I'm pretty sure this thread is a joke topic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboZX /forum/post/0


Yeah, I'm kind of worried about this one also since it's probably going to be another VC-soft transfer from Warner to accommodate the lesser format, HDDVD. I'll decide by the end of the week.

I agree with your point, but why do you have to say it in a way that is surely to anger HD DVD fanboys?


Sometimes I think people just want to create drama.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
701 Posts
Good, skip it. I'll be enjoying it all weekend long. The transfer is pretty damn good, and I don't imagine it would look much better with the additional space used - any difference would probably be inperceptible. I'll enjoy my BD copy along with Flags because both are excellent movies. I usually don't post in threads created just to stir up ****, but come on, skipping a disc because of the filesize of the encode is just idiotic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
This is ridiculous. It's like saying "Gee, I'd like to buy that new CD from my favorite band, but it's only 45 minutes long. They could have filled up the remaining 25 minutes with at least six more songs! I'm getting screwed!" For crying out loud, read some reviews. If the transfer is truly lacking, don't buy it. But if it turns out to be generally accepted as a quality release, why wait? If every title ran up to the space limits of the format, what room would there be for improvements as Blu-ray matures?
 

·
UHD Addict
Joined
·
39,552 Posts
If they used all the space, all they would do is bump up the bitrate. And you quickly get diminishing returns as you go higher with VC1.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top