AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've seen in many many threads on both plasma and lcd that ppl are talking about a 55 inc lcd or a 54 inch plasma are "receieving" this tv as a replacment... so did you guys have 3-4 year warranties? or how are you getting these new $2000 complimentary? so on the flip side i heard warranties are not worth it.. but yet it seems so many ppl on these forums are getting their tv's replaced and im guessing thats due to ppl buying expanded warranties?

please fill me in as id like to buy a sony KDL-55EX710, but i saw like 5 ppl in the last 2 pages saying they were getting the tv as a replacment, one guy had an old dlp so... whats the delio.. sorry if im not makign much sense.

·
Registered
538 Posts
ya definitely go for at least a 3 year warranty, squaretrade is an excellent option if you don't want to get ripped off at big box stores.. these new tv's these days have all kinds of issues, maybe 2-3 years before something goes wrong, if not in the first 30 days. Quality control and just consistency from set to set is pretty poor these days which is why you see so many ... "I just got my 2nd, 3'rd, 4'th replacement set etc posts on these forums"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts