AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Since the warranty period(90 days) is running out, I've sent the unit back to SONY for repair/upgrade/whatever. I'll keep you posted on the outcome. I've attached the letter I sent with the unit:

May 21, 2001

I am sending you my Sony SAT HD100 (serial# S010001112Y//purchased on 3/8/01) for repair as instructed by Charles Robinson of your Fort Meyers, Florida office. Please refer to the following event/reference/incident numbers: # E11700355 and

# E11722166.

The following problems have occurred:

1. There are video and audio dropouts on the half hour and hour which occur on a consistent and constant basis. This happens with more frequency when I have switched from an Over the Air High Definition signal back to a regular satellite broadcast signal. This problem has been reported numerous times by me and by other users at www.avsforum.com. I understand that you are well aware of this major problem and it was suggested to me by your representative to send this unit back to you for repair of this anomaly.

2. There is a constant and very loud and disturbing fan noise coming from this unit. In a quiet or noisy environment this fan noise tends to drown out the audio portion of the programming. It also is a consistent and constant problem and has ruined my family’s enjoyment of many television programs. The loud sound has also caused sleepless nights as this unit is in my bedroom.

3. On nine (9) occasions the unit has frozen and the power switch would not shut the unit off/on. I have had to unplug the unit to unfreeze the screen and restart the unit. This is a very dangerous situation as I have young children who might attempt to do the same thing at risk to their life because of the possibility of electrocution from this procedure.

I have been a Sony customer for many, many years and would like to continue to purchase your products. But the lack of information, communication and candidness leads me to believe that a Sony consumer is not being well served by your company. Please prove me wrong.

I do hope that you quickly remedy my problems with this unit and list what was done to repair this satellite receiver.

Sincerely,

·
Registered
731 Posts
What is the status?

Roger

------------------

System: B&K AVR307, Toshiba TW65H80 RPTV, Sony DVP-S9000ES DVD, JVC HR-5400U SVHS

Philips CDR880 CDR, Sony SAT-HD100 & B50 DBS, Phase Linear 8000 Turntable

Polk RT2000P mains, Polk CS350 Center, Polk LS/FX Surrounds

Sunfire Signature True Subwoofer, Pronto Remote

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.