AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've many vertical stripes that remains steady when the image runs....it Fixed Pattern Noise!how can i solve it???please, tell me your experiences...i've linked my z2 to a 963sa in progressive (component).

could I tweack service ot factory menu' to minimize??

HELP ME, I'M DESPERATE!!


p.s i've firmware 103.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've already tried changing 13-14-15 values on service and 14-26 on the factory with any image improvement..sigh...this isn't the solution!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,032 Posts
Parameters 13,14,15 reduce VB but does not cure it. Most likely you probably got a really bad unit. You can try letting sanyo fix it or ask your dealer for another unit if possible. From my conversations with sanyo, they will NOT let you swap out the unit for another one. They will fix it to what they see fit and ship it back to you. If you haven't had it for a while, I'd try sending it back to your dealer first for an exchange.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gogu
i've many vertical stripes that remains steady when the image runs....it Fixed Pattern Noise!how can i solve it???please, tell me your experiences...i've linked my z2 to a 963sa in progressive (component).

could I tweack service ot factory menu' to minimize??

HELP ME, I'M DESPERATE!!


p.s i've firmware 103.
FFS, you keep posting the same question over & over.... Do you know whether its VB or FPN ? They're not the same thing ! VB Is the thin striping every 12th pixel which can be reduced using 14,15,16 in Service mode - if you see NO change then change your Factory setting (14) by 1 (up or down) and then shoot again in Service mode. FPN is something else entirely and, if severe, should be replaceable under warranty. From all reports, Sanyo are not 'playing ball' with VB issues at this stage so why don't YOU help the worldwide Z2 community by taking it up with your local Sanyo reps & service dept - and then let us know the story. Shouting that your 'desperate' and whining everyday doesn't achieve anything for yourself or others.:mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
Kangaroopaw, have you considereed that not all dealers will play fair either for whatever reason.

Most dealers I know will not exchange units. Once you pick them up it's between you and SANYO.

So some of us have only one option: ask questions here in teh hopes someone knows the answer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,339 Posts
Get CMRA to make a magic screen for you. Apparently his super screen makes a z1 superior to the best CRT pjs out there. :)


His 100 buck DIY screen magically makes the perceived CR like 2300000000:1. I am sure then that his magic piece of plexi-glass will make the VB suddenly disappear on your z2 since it can fix any limitation a pj has. :rolleyes:


On a serious note, if you have adjusted settings and the VB is still there then it ain't going away. I dunno what you expect people here to do for you...snap their fingers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
Rob, it's funny but the CMRA discovered ME screen does reduce VB and SDE on my Z2. NO questions about it.

I have a 83 incher i made with 3 coats of white primer and 2 coats of ME.

It worked for me, it may work for others. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,323 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by KangarooPaw
FFS, you keep posting the same question over & over.... Do you know whether its VB or FPN ? They're not the same thing ! VB Is the thin striping every 12th pixel which can be reduced using 14,15,16 in Service mode - if you see NO change then change your Factory setting (14) by 1 (up or down) and then shoot again in Service mode. FPN is something else entirely and, if severe, should be replaceable under warranty. From all reports, Sanyo are not 'playing ball' with VB issues at this stage so why don't YOU help the worldwide Z2 community by taking it up with your local Sanyo reps & service dept - and then let us know the story. Shouting that your 'desperate' and whining everyday doesn't achieve anything for yourself or others.:mad:
The confusion on FPN and VB seems to get worse every day. We need a definitive answer. Is FPN and VB the same thing? I say yes, VB is a form of FPN. Are there other kinds of FPN? Yes. Does my Z2 have FPN? Yes. Mainly in the form of VB.


Andrew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by majozx3
Kangaroopaw, have you considereed that not all dealers will play fair either for whatever reason.

Most dealers I know will not exchange units. Once you pick them up it's between you and SANYO.

So some of us have only one option: ask questions here in teh hopes someone knows the answer.
Granted, but that wasn't my point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
I'm now a little confused.


Not sure if I have VB or FPN. I have a pattern on my image that's only viewable when there's some light colored uniformity in the scene, all white, or a big cloud, etc. The lines (if I can ven call them that) are semi-vertical, but also very curved. The rate of curvature changes for each line as you go across the screen.


I'll try to post a screen shot later.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,161 Posts
gogu, I feel for you, I have the same thing on my 2HD. I even sent it back to Boxlight and they told me it is within spec. I got if back from the factory and watched the Blue Angels on HDNET last night and the VB was awful. The service and factory tweaks have no effect at all on my machine. If anything, it is worse than when it came out of the box. The sky shots during Blue Angels were so hard to watch, the picture is beautiful but the damned VB sticks out like a sore thumb.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,273 Posts
If you go into the factory menu and adjust 14 between 1 and 5 and you can't tell a difference you maybe a *******... ahh err... you have a defective unit imo.


With setting 14 in factory set to 4 or 5 it should look like Juicy Fruit Fruit Stripe gum and if you don't know what that looks like your screen should look like whorehouse wallpaper. If it always looks like this when you are set to 2 or lower then you have a bad projector.


But I call this VB since it's vertical and it's like bands going up and down. Imagine that! FPN when I sit and think of it, it sounds like sparklies or various random noise anomalies on the screen. It sounds like you are talking VB.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
Marissadad - that sucks... I 've been waiting to hear how your unit was after you got it back from Sanyo... you think it is even worse now?!


Have you ever posted a screenshot of the VB on your unit? It seems that people have it to varying degrees.. mine isn't that bad but it sounds like you've got it real bad!


LB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
I definitely see a distinction between VB and FPN - I have noticed both on my machine... as HorrorScope said VB is very distinct vertical bands that run every 12 pixels or so... I believe that they are always present (someone correct me if I am wrong) but are noticed more easily on light colored screens like sky or fog. I have seen what I think is FPN on my Z2 and it insn't nearly as uniform as VB - I've seen some horizontal squigly type lines that I just refer to as "noise"... it happens completely at random and doesn't last very long. Also, I noticed it a lot more when I played a DVD and turned off progressive on my player and let the Z2 do the work....


LB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,161 Posts
Lord British, they did nothing to my machine except return it with 2 dust blobs that weren't there prior to my sending it off. They said they cleaned it and tested it and that the VB was "within specs". I can't take a screen shot, my digital camera is too crummy, they come out too dark.


HorrorScope, I've tried the adjustments you mentioned and Juicy Fruit is just about what mine looks like all the time, regardless of the settings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,273 Posts
I don't know what you will have to tell them but yours is bad. There are huge differences between value 1 and 5 in setting 14 in factory. If you can't notice then something is amiss. I think most Z2 owners would agree with this line of thinking. It's the key setting in VB. Feel for you...


Lord British: I think the term we use for the other thing you are talking about is Horizontal Scan Line effect. The only time I may see that is if something moves ultra-quickly across the screen. Some certain part of an object (usually smallish) there would be some small horizontal lines visible for a millisecond. It's so quick and limited you say to yourself "does that really matter?, however you knew you saw it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord British
I definitely see a distinction between VB and FPN - I have noticed both on my machine... as HorrorScope said VB is very distinct vertical bands that run every 12 pixels or so... I believe that they are always present (someone correct me if I am wrong) but are noticed more easily on light colored screens like sky or fog. I have seen what I think is FPN on my Z2 and it insn't nearly as uniform as VB - I've seen some horizontal squigly type lines that I just refer to as "noise"... it happens completely at random and doesn't last very long. Also, I noticed it a lot more when I played a DVD and turned off progressive on my player and let the Z2 do the work....


LB
Finally, someone understands VB vs FPN :D Has anyone a tried 'line filtered' power supply to see if it improves FPN ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by HorrorScope
I don't know what you will have to tell them but yours is bad. There are huge differences between value 1 and 5 in setting 14 in factory. If you can't notice then something is amiss. I think most Z2 owners would agree with this line of thinking. It's the key setting in VB. Feel for you...


Lord British: I think the term we use for the other thing you are talking about is Horizontal Scan Line effect. The only time I may see that is if something moves ultra-quickly across the screen. Some certain part of an object (usually smallish) there would be some small horizontal lines visible for a millisecond. It's so quick and limited you say to yourself "does that really matter?, however you knew you saw it.
Yes, this describes it exactly! I see it when something moves really qiuckly... small horizontal lines that disappear very quickly... and just like you said, it is so quick you don't really care but you know you saw it!


So is this Horizontal Scan Line effect different from Fixed Panel Noise?


LB
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top