AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tried to send a show I received from someone else and I realized that Send is not even an option in the menu. What am I doing wrong? Or is it impossible to resend a received show? :confused:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Yes, it is not possible off the bat to send a received show. The work-around is to loop-back one of your Replay's video outputs to an available input and do a manual record. Then you can send the show.

Replay did this so they wouldn't be sued for being a file sharing service (Of course now we know that didn't help). Hence the limitations of 15 sends per show, and not being able to send a received show.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
I was told by replay insiders that this is not allowed. Copyright issues.

I really want to figure out how to hack around this. There must be a way of moving files around between folders.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff D
I was told by replay insiders that this is not allowed. Copyright issues.

I really want to figure out how to hack around this. There must be a way of moving files around between folders.
Well, all the MPEG files, regardless of their category, are physically stored in a single directory/partition. So, the way to do what you want probably would involve editing the ReplayChannels files. I don't know of any easy way to do that.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by j.m.
Well, all the MPEG files, regardless of their category, are physically stored in a single directory/partition. So, the way to do what you want probably would involve editing the ReplayChannels files. I don't know of any easy way to do that.
Right, it seems that stuff in the user directory seems to have the information on the files and channels. I haven't looked very closely, but once you have acccess to those files it didn't look impossible (which is what I was thinking...)

·
Registered
983 Posts
speaking of sending shows--is there a status indicator as to how much of a show i'm sending to someone has been received? also, how can i tell if they ever got the entire show?

sturmie

·
Registered
518 Posts
Nope, no way to tell how far along a transfer is. If you use Poopli.com, hopefully the recipient will keep you posted.

Also, if you are only xfering one show, you can bring up the network meter in 243-zones and see if there is any activity to see if the show is still sending (as long as you aren't streaming to/from another unit at the same time).

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
4XXXs can only send to other 4XXXs (not to 50XXs)

50XXs can only send to other 50XXs (not to 4XXXs)

55XXs can't send at all (but can stream shows to any 55XX or 50XX that are in the same house)

cow

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.