AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just setup IVS, MyReplayTV and my Poopli account. Can someone send me a short clip to see if I have my Replay setup properly for receiving shows. The number is in my signature.

Thanks.

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
I have 250mbit upload. How long would it take for me to send a 30 min standard show to someone(my estimate is 120megs an hour, so about 5 hours)?

cow

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm, grabbed it and it hasn't moved for 10 minutes. Sitting at 0 out of 18MB (0%).

Edit: NMV, it's moving now.

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
I just looked over and see 'sent' moving at 30kb/sec now.

I've been getting familiar with poopli and see alot of those shows stuck on 0%. It's hard to figure this stuff out awhile the server is having problems.

is it moving now? EDIT: OK

cow

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, cool, it finished downloading and everything appears to be working.

Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yeah, I actually tried to send you (Ace) the MBFFiance show before you put the poopli request in. It failed. (Failed again after the request was in.) Glad to know you got it working.

And icecow... Do you not get red dwarf on PBS in Redlands or are you looking for something in particular?

I've been in that boat too. I just switched ISP's and DSL routers, discovered poopli and IVS, installed a 2nd replay, got two Buffalo WBRg54's within the last month, so I had a couple of variables there to contend with (or so I thought), and it turns out my problems have been caused by the IVS server being flaky. Oh well. :)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ah, that was you. Well, I think IVS was down as well as my port forwarding not setup correctly. Could of been one or the other, but it was probably both. I took off my request for MBFF since it's going to be on Thursday, but I wouldn't mind getting the last 10 minutes of American Idol though :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
What's this about MBFFiance showing on Thursday? I tried to download it via IVS Monday night but it crapped out at 96%. If it's going to air again, I won't bother pesttering people for it.

Nevermind, it's not in the channel guide yet but it will air on FOX @ 9pm.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Ace,

Let me know if you want the last 10 minutes after all... My internet connection's not exactly doing anything...

Honestly, I think some of the people I sent it to already (3) just wanted the last 10 minutes of Am Idol.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sure... I'd appreciate it. Is it just the last 10 minutes or the entire hour?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Anyone that can send me a short test clip?

I've got a 4080.

Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
someone please send me a test clip as well

much appreciated

·
Registered
195 Posts
Chinman, you need to post what system type you have. If you have a 4000 or 4500 I'll send you something.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hawks, you could connect but not send because you have a 5xxx?

My problem is people can connect (most often) but I'm getting no transfers to actually happen.

Anyone know what the problem could be? I've successfully gotten stuff before.

I've been changing a lot of stuff, so maybe I need the senders to restart?

This is frustrating....:mad:

·
Registered
91 Posts
JDibb, sorry I'm just dead tired....

I think your setup is ok. I didn't see that you had a 4xxx. That's why people can connect to you but recieve an error that reads "0 successful reciepiants ......" when sending you a test clip.

4xxx and 5xxx can see each other but they can't swap shows.

·
Registered
195 Posts
No problem Hawks.

Even people with 4ks have connected to me, but I'm getting no throughput at all. So the setup looks fine. But no shows.:(

Well, maybe I need to clear out the pending ones and try to get them resent.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Miracle of miracles, I deleted the requested clip that had been sitting there the longest and the other one started up. Hooray!

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bakerzdosen
And icecow... Do you not get red dwarf on PBS in Redlands or are you looking for something in particular?
You mean you get it regularly?

Hmm, apparently we dont get PBS at all.

Red Dwarf doesn't come up in various scans and I cant find the channel.

I have to rethink this whole poopli thing. I went from waiting on my butt to making people wait for me. 2/3 of the stuff completely bombs out. I send some people 3 messages and others none at all.

The worst part about it is that everyone new to poopli is probably going to do/go through the same thing.

The replay servers hopefully are a big part of it.

what's your name on poopli anyway. Thats one more confusing thing. The AVS name, the Poopli name, and the Replay Name can all be different. This stuff is confusing.

cow

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.