AVS Forum banner

201 - 217 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Looks like I'm going to tackle one of these beasts. Is there a Canadian seller of the driver?

Because I have a full woodworking shop I'm going to go with 1" MDF, rabbited and dadoed construction and quite a bit more bracing. Essentially I'm going to crush the easy button.

Wesley J

·
Registered
358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooneyass /forum/post/15143631

Looks like I'm going to tackle one of these beasts. Is there a Canadian seller of the driver?

Because I have a full woodworking shop I'm going to go with 1" MDF, rabbited and dadoed construction and quite a bit more bracing. Essentially I'm going to crush the easy button.

Wesley J

Actually, they're based out of Winnipeg. See www.mach5audio.com .

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Hey Guys,

I have an Behringer EQ floating around from another sub project but have ordered up a Elemental Designs eq2. The IXL driver arrived friday.

I'm planning to get a Behringer 2500.

I'd like to tune mine a bit higher, say 15 Hz, what port length do I need?

Picking up 3 sheets of 1" MDF tomorrow. My screenwall limits my depth to about 22" so I'm adjusting the design to fit. Also, I'll be going with a 2" thick baffle.

Wes

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
Hey Wes,

I'm a bit unclear about how you are going to orient the cabinet it looks like a real tight fit back there. You should start a new thread for your build, it is definitely not going to be the same.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Finished it up today and got it in. I have a high res RTA (1/32 octave) that I will use to equalize. Results and build pics to follow.

Wesley J

·
Registered
112 Posts
Didn't read the whole thread, but Ill ask, anyone have issues with the 6" port and port noise?

Edit: I'd probably be using a 6" PSP port instead of sono, would that be better or worse?

Thanks!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Anyone know where I can get this driver or a driver that works with this box?

·
Registered
98 Posts
 [email protected] email them here they can only build you a dual 1 ohm voice coil version they told me they had limited stock left so if you want this sub buy now cause it wont be remade after they deplete their stock because they are making a redesigned one hope this helps

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
It will work fine but with a 6" port the velocity with 1200 watts input power will be at 52 m/s at 10hz which is pretty high. Put a 7" port with a length of 45" gives a tune off 12hz and velocity at 41 m/s max.

·
Registered
100 Posts
OK, so, I decided this box design should be the way to go, however, I can't seem to find any 18" drivers in the sub $200 range that will work well with a 6 inch port. I did however, find two Dayton Audio 15" drivers off Parts Express for $172 each that seem to do well in a 400l box. My question is, which one should I choose based on the Unibox results? Are there any other factors to look at? Below are the results I got:

Dayton Audio RSS390HF-4 15" Reference HF Subwoofer 4 Ohm

Dayton Audio RSS390HO-4 15" Reference HO Subwoofer 4 Ohm

Thanks!

201 - 217 of 217 Posts