WIFI

UPnP SSDP

UPnP AV

NTFS

NFS

USB 2.0 (Salve + Host)

Apple iTunes Dock

Storage Capacity

1X SATA 2 3.5" HDD ( unit can be used with one hard disk only or even without an HDD)

Up to total of 3 TB internally plus 2 external storage devices via two USB 2.0 ports

* eSATA up to 3.0Gbps (300MB/s)

* USB 2.0 up to 480Mbps (60MB/s)

Web services

Video : YouTube, Picasa, Yahoo Video, CNN, NBC Today, CBS Face the Nation and more

Audio : Live365 Radio, iPodcast, Radiobox, ABC News, BBC Podcast, CNN News , Indiefeed, Jamendo

Photo : Picasaweb

RSS feed : Yahoo! Weather, Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Xchange, MSNBC News and more

Supports On2Media VP6 Codec h.264 Streaming FLV

xVOD - Megavideo based online streaming

Media files supported

Video containers:

MPEG1/2/4 Elementary (M1V, M2V, M4V)

MPEG1/2 PS (M2P, MPG)

MPEG2 Transport Stream (TS, TP, TRP, M2T, M2TS, MTS)

VOB

AVI, ASF, WMV

Matroska (MKV) (H.264)

AVC HD

MOV (H.264), MP4, RMP4

FLV - Flash Video

VP6 Codec h.264 Streaming FLV

Video codecs:

Audio containers:

AAC, M4A

MPEG audio (MP1, MP2, MP3, MPA)

WAV

WMA

FLAC

OGG

RMP4

FLC

PCM

PLSX

Audio codecs:

Audio Down Mix : DTS, DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD HR

Audio Passthrough 5.1 CH : DTS, DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD HR 5.1 CH -

Audio Passthrough 7.1CH - Dolby TrueHD , DTS HD-MA

Photo formats : JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF, HD JPEG

Other formats: ISO, IFO, FLV, RM, RA, RAM

Subtitle formats : SRT, SMI, SUB, SSA, IDX

Streaming formats : RTSP, FLV, FLV HD (VP6)

Apple Dock Compatibility

iPad, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPhone, iPod touch 4th generation, iPod touch 3rd generation, iPod touch 2nd generation, iPod touch 1st generation, iPod classic 120GB 160GB (2009), iPod classic 160GB (2007), iPod classic 80GB, iPod nano 6th generation, iPod nano 5th generation (video camera), iPod nano 4th generation (video), iPod nano 3rd generation (video), iPod 5th generation (video), iPod 4th generation (color display) 40GB 60GB

***The 4G iPod, iPod classic and 5G iPod are not compatible with the iXtreamer charger specification

Media Support

BluRay BD Iso with Simple Navigation

Commercial DVD with menus

Artistic GUI

HD menu with Artistic (user defined) BG

Thumbnail Based Navigation (MovieJukeBox)

Internet Live Radio

Shoutcast

Live .pls and m3u radio streams

OS Compatibility

Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7

Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6 onwards

Chipset

Realtek 1283X DD+

Dedicated Apple Dock Controller

Memory

256MB DDR 2 SDRAM, 256MB Flash

Audio/Video outputs

HDMI v1.3a (up to 1080p)

Composite Video

Component Video

Stereo Analog Audio

S/PDIF Optical Digital Audio

Interface

1x USB 2.0 slave

2x USB 2.0 host

Internal SATA 2

iPhone/iPad/iPod Dock

Network

Ethernet 10/100 RJ-45

WIFI USB Antenna 802.11n (optional at additional Cost)

Free DDnS Name

Yourname.myxtreamer.net

Multilingual On Screen Display , Subtitles & GUI

Arabic, Thai, Hebrew,Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, German, Italian, Turkish, Greek , Dutch, French, Latvian, Russian, Croatian, Portugese, Swedish, Polish, Romanian, Ukrainian, English, Magyar, Czech, Slovenian, Finish, Danish, UTF-8

Integrated iPhone RemoteControl

Your device IP/iphone

Power

12V DC, 3A & 5V DC, 4.5A

• universal auto-switching (UL, cUL, CE, TUV approved)

• Protection: OCP, OVP, SCP

Dimension

242mm(W) x 251mm(D) x 66mm(H)

Weight

1Kg

Noise Level & Fan

50x50 mm

Special designed fan that generate very low noise

Fan Speed is user controlled in FW

Package Content

iXtreamer (HDD not included)

100~240V Power Adapter

1.5M length HDMI cable

1.5M length Component cable

WiFi 802.11n USB Antenna (optional)

IceCube Passive cooling Kit (optional)

Audio & Video Cables

Infra-Red Remote Control with 2 "AAA" batteries

Full power down, standby and power up by remote control

USB Slave cable

Quick start guide

·
Registered
11,822 Posts
Interesting. From reading the site once the iPxx is connected to the iXtreamer you should be able to control the iPxx with the iXtreamer remote. I would curious to see what type of UI it presents for this.

Also, I don't know much about Apple but making a product to be used with Apple products requires Apple's approval, correct?

My biggest hesitance would be the fact that this player would be using a 2 year old chip (Realtek), and even though the Realtek chipset now supports HD Audio bitstreaming it is rather unstable from what I have seen and read.

Supposedly Xtreamer is working on 6 new models which will also include Intel and Sigma chips.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbone1026
Interesting. From reading the site once the iPxx is connected to the iXtreamer you should be able to control the iPxx with the iXtreamer remote. I would curious to see what type of UI it presents for this.

Also, I don't know much about Apple but making a product to be used with Apple products requires Apple's approval, correct?

My biggest hesitance would be the fact that this player would be using a 2 year old chip (Realtek), and even though the Realtek chipset now supports HD Audio bitstreaming it is rather unstable from what I have seen and read.

Supposedly Xtreamer is working on 6 new models which will also include Intel and Sigma chips.
I went to check this unit out with the intention of buying it. In principle it is quite neat. Perhaps I just hit an exception but the impression I had was that the unit felt cheap, especially compared to my Ipad, the build quality was poor ( plastic not quite fitting right, cheap plastic, questionable dock quality, etc... and a small fan in the bottom. The dealer did not carry any Xtreamer accessories such as a passive cooler, wifi option and so on ...

The unit is not as big as some have said but with an iPad on top it would be quite imposing. I guess the fan really got to me, th e3.5" hard drive option is ok but a 2.5" option would be nice.

Here is the real point. With an iPad2 and iOS 5 there is no point to the iXtreamer since you can mirror everything from the iPad2 to the TV via an ATV2 and the mirroring is really impressive. Games, Netflix, etc...anything that runs on an iPad will run on the TV ( assuming one has an ATV2). No adapters needed or whatever.

I guess the main audience would be for iPad owners, perhaps. In any case I don't really see the point in this product anymore. Perhaps I am overlooking something. I would like to like Xtreamer but I am just getting a bad vibe about the company ( product inquiries have gone unanswered, support is questionable, etc...). Dealers don't carry accessories and don't know how to get them.

Anyway, I have to advise against this product for now.

philip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts