AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pulled the June issue off the news rack, and read about Jim Ferguson's YXY in Patrick Megenity's PCinema column. Congrats to Jim on well-deserved acknowledgement by the press.

By the way, messr. Megenity also follows up with an excellent article called "Convergence: A Primer" where he "grades" many components of an HTPC. Pretty cool roundup.

I remember what seems like a couple of years ago, struggling to make an HTPC work with an RCA Sam's Club special tv (for extra credit raise your hand if you know what the heck I'm babbling about http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif It worked..... sort of. I gave up, and bought a toshiba 5109, declaring to myself that in the light of the affordable prog-scan dvd players, the HTPC was dead.

So now, a couple of years later, HTPC is featured in the mainstream press. Oh, and I have since built two new HTPCs for fptv.

Congrats again to Jim Ferguson.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Thanks Johann. Credit should also be given to Andrew Chilvers who provided a great deal of low-level programming assistance for the program.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.