AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1291 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw the teaser trailer for the new Star Trek film J.J. Abrams is working on in front of Cloverfield, look like a total reboot that leads up to the original series with Kirk, Spock, etc. I hope he puts as much effort into this one as he did the Cloverfield project!

Updated:

The Official Teaser Trailer from Paramount
Star Trek Teaer

Here's bootleg copy of the trailer.

Trek Teaser[/URL]

·
Registered
847 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latham99 /forum/post/12862912

Saw the teaser trailer for the new Star Trek film J.J. Abrams is working on in front of Cloverfield, look like a total reboot that leads up to the original series with Kirk, Spock, etc. I hope he puts as much effort into this one as he did the Cloverfield project!

Here's bootleg copy of the trailer.

Trek Teaser[/URL]

I hope he puts a lot more effort. Star Trek has been one of Paramount's main franchises.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me too. I think the potential in the story is there, hopefully starting fresh while sticking to the source material will offer an excellent movie.

·
Registered
18,847 Posts
I'll wait for the released trailer- now that there's a bootlegged trailer out that means they should release it any time now. Ah, I just found it- Yahoo will have it on Monday.

What's interesting, is as I'm looking at the cast and crew is that Leonard Nemoy is playing himself as Spock, so I wonder if he's doing it sort of as a narrator, or as holograph telling history, or writing memoirs, or something like that.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've read that one of the topics in this movie will be the famed Kobayashi Maru "no win" scenario, and exactly how Kirk became the only cadet to ever win the no win scenario.

·
Registered
18,847 Posts
We know how Kirk "won" the Kobayashi Maru- he cheated.
But I guess we will see it actually played out.

Actually that was already in one of of the Trek novels I read some years back, except I can't recall which.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
The more I hear about the more nervous I am getting. However, I really shouldn't allow myself to get that way since all I am hearing is likely bullsh!t untrue rumors.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I just hope this isn't like Singer's Superman..

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Many of the early rumours have proven to be untrue about this movie, such as Kirk being played by Matt Damon. So I wouldn't put too much stock into what's being said about it now.

·
Registered
27,684 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn /forum/post/12874077

Did I miss something ? Except for the music,transporter sound and Nemoy's voice all at the end ,that trailer is totally worthless....in fact it's just totally worthless.

It isn't really a proper trailer. It's just a teaser trailer. That's what teaser trailers are designed to do, tease you.

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
Some people don't understand that. They want the cart before the horse.

·
Banned
5,125 Posts
Wow that was so poor in (visual quality) I could barley make it out. The iconic sounds from history “God speed John Glen” and “one small step for man” and “space the final frontier” hmm. I hope the next trailer can sale me on this new Star Trek feature film.

Beam me up, Scotty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z /forum/post/12876497

It isn't really a proper trailer. It's just a teaser trailer. That's what teaser trailers are designed to do, tease you.

I’d rather be killed by phaser than watch that teaser trailer again!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It looks like Paramount made the trailer available from their website, so I updated the original post with the new link.

·
Banned
5,125 Posts
Well December 2008 is a long way off, I doubt there be a real decent trailer until summertime, when they finished the post production and have some visual effects to throw at us?

·
Registered
18,847 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latham99 /forum/post/12885935

It looks like Paramount made the trailer available from their website, so I updated the original post with the new link.

If you have Quicktime Alternative installed you can also d/l the HD teasers from Yahoo's website HERE .

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
After watching the real trailer from the Paramount site, where I can actually tell what it is I'm looking at, I have to admit that I think seeing the original Enterprise under construction looks pretty damn BAD-A$$!

For those that only saw the bootleg, go to the new link the OP posted and watch the real thing. In fact, select the 'HD' option and watch it in 1080p!

1 - 20 of 1291 Posts