AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where to post this, please let me know if it should go somewhere else.

I am looking for an inexpensive way to switch between composite, component, and HDMI inputs and convert to a 1080p HDMI output. This is for video only, I have a stereo receiver where I can switch audio inputs.

So far the only thing I've found of interest is: J-Tech Digital JTD-0801 Multi-Functional HDMI Converter with 8 Inputs to 1 HDMI Output
Amazon.com: J-Tech Digital JTD-0801 Multi-Functional HDMI Converter with 8 Inputs to 1 HDMI Output: Home Audio & Theater

Does anyone have experience with this unit? Would you recommend it? Is there something else I should consider?

Thanks
Bruce

·
Administrator
19,526 Posts
Is a new receiver that does it all for you out of the question?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is a new receiver that does it all for you out of the question?
Thank you for the suggestion. I considered doing that but this is for an older set of equipment, not our main floor HT, and price for a new receiver that can convert analog to hmdi is high for the intended use; e.g., need to go to a 4700 model in denon to get analog to hdmi conversion.

If a new receiver is the best solution I would rather repurpose my current Marantz SR7007 to this application, and replace that with a new receiver in the main floor HT.

I need to connect this older set of equipment to a wall mounted TV running cable(s) across the floor. One hdmi cable would be less bulky and easier to fit under a cord protector than running two composite cables, one set of component cables, and an hdmi cable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts