AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time lurker. Got some of my ideas for this room from this forum as everyone does. This is Semi-HT because it pails in comparison to some of the Theaters posted in these forums. We bought this house about a year ago. The previous owners used this room as playroom/kitty cat litter box depository. 2 days after I moved in I ripped out every shred of carpet in that room as it reeked of cat urine. It sat this way until about a month ago. I really didn't get started on the room till after winning our fantasy pay league. Those funds payed for all of my speakers in the room (Infinity Primus & CS). Then the wife hooked me up with a Onkyo TX-SR607 and a Samsung PN63B590 for xmas. Monoprice saved me a huge amount of funds on cables and wall plates. The Omni mount rack was a bit of a splurge but it was also the only rack I could find that fit what I wanted it to. My other splurge was the purchase of a row of Berkline 13175's from Roman in the latest power buy. One day I will install a projector but that day is in the far, far future...probably the next house when I have a larger space. The current room is 13x20 with a drop ceiling already installed. No real soundproofing done. Did add some R30 above the drop ceiling for kicks.

Equipment list:

63" Samsung PN63B590

PS3 Slim (for the blu-ray)

Xbox 360

Onkyo TX-SR607

Infinity Primus PC350 Center Channel

Infinity Primus P362 Floor Speakers

Infinity CS60 & CS60R In-wall and Ceiling Surrounds

Omnimount RSF.5 Rack

This was the only place I could put the rack that allowed me access to the back of it with the easiest install. Rack is off the floor to try and keep the future rugrats from putting oatmeal in the ps3 or xbox. I know some people like to hide the equipment but I kinda like showing it off.

Up Close and Personal of the elevated rack enclosure

CS60 Mounted in the wall, which was the easiest install of this whole build.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Your work looks really beautiful. All I can suggest is that you upgrade to a projector and Theater sized screen as soon as possible.

A 63in TV won't do justice to two rows of theater seats - tvs available today simply can't deliver a Theater Sized visual experience so try to find a way to put a theater sized screen on the wall where you are planning to put the television. "Theater" is, well - theater - and no tv on the market today can deliver "theater" - so step up to that screen size as soon as you can so the screen can be as true "theater in the home" as your seating and sound system.

GoodLuck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjay /forum/post/18318123

Your work looks really beautiful. All I can suggest is that you upgrade to a projector and Theater sized screen as soon as possible.

A 63in TV won't do justice to two rows of theater seats - tvs available today simply can't deliver a Theater Sized visual experience so try to find a way to put a theater sized screen on the wall where you are planning to put the television. "Theater" is, well - theater - and no tv on the market today can deliver "theater" - so step up to that screen size as soon as you can so the screen can be as true "theater in the home" as your seating and sound system.

GoodLuck

Baby steps is kinda the way I'm looking at it now. The projector will come in due time as my need to upgrade is kind of a constant thing. I'm sure within a year I will have moved this tv upstairs and made an enormous purchase that the wife wont like. Watch District 9 on it tonight in my first 7.1 experience and it was remarkable...even without carpet or sound calibration.

Here is the room with some paint and a TV hanging in it

Rack not as full as it should be

Back of the rack. Had to rig power as Im waiting on a 19" rack mounted strip. Cutting in two 120mm cooling fans tonight

Inside of the rack. Still need to move in the cable box, xbox360, and ps3.

This has been my first real experience working with wood and saws so dont beat me up too bad. I can now see why people pay big bucks to the pros.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourtytwoinch /forum/post/18319474

What's the name of that color paint?

Lowes Valspar Sable Evening 5006-2C

The trim will be the Wet Pavement 5006-2A that is on the same swatch

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by local5o /forum/post/18320076

How do you like those CS60R speakers? Thinking of using them as my rears ceiling speakers.

They seem to do the job of the rear surround very well so far. Sound pretty good in All Channel stereo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got my berkline 13175 from roman on friday....wow..talk about some comfy chairs. Painting trim work this week and hopefully building a riser next weekend. Then its on to debate with the wife about what color carpet to put down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts