AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
23,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought there was a thread for this but couldn't find it. Looking forward to the BD but I'm guessing we won't be seeing any PQ improvements (besides going to HD).

larry

·
Registered
2,839 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper /forum/post/20790914

Looking forward to the BD but I'm guessing we won't be seeing any PQ improvements (besides going to HD).

Not sure what you mean by this, but count me among those who consider this to be Tarantino's best work.

That opinion usually rattles more than a few Pulp Fiction fans, but I'm looking forward to both BDs being in my library after having seen neither of these films in many years.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Jackie Brown discussion is kind of combined in the Pulp Fiction thread.

thirdkind, check my comments re: Jackie Brown in the Pulp Fiction thread

So Scoop, does this mean Rboster is going to swoop in and close this thread as redundant?

·
Registered
22,521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdkind /forum/post/20791180

Not sure what you mean by this, but count me among those who consider this to be Tarantino's best work.

The combination of Tarantino and Elmore Leonard is pretty much unstoppable. Dialog and characters reign supreme. The cast is also the best ensemble that Tarantino has ever had. Never get tired of watching this one, which I can't say about Pulp Fiction.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I'm still holding out hope for new transfers for Jackie Brown and Pulp Fiction. Even though Lionsgate loves recycling almost as much as Universal, they did release Memento and The Last Unicorn.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
I'll be buying it regardless of the pattern of the grain or the misalignment of the 437th pixel from the top left corner.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 /forum/post/20791559

I'll be buying it regardless of the pattern of the grain or the misalignment of the 437th pixel from the top left corner.

Dude, that's the 438th pixel from the top left corner. OK?

Obviously your magnifying glass is fringing while inspecting screencaps

·
Registered
6,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes /forum/post/20791349

The combination of Tarantino and Elmore Leonard is pretty much unstoppable. Dialog and characters reign supreme. The cast is also the best ensemble that Tarantino has ever had.

Hey, are you reading my mind?

Stop it!

Actually for me, the weakest cast member in Pulp Fiction was Travolta.

Not that he was bad, just average although most PF fans love him as Vincent.

With that said, I thought Travolta did a perfect turn as Chili Palmer.

If there is one thing that Tarantino does really, really well, it's brilliant casting.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milt99
Hey, are you reading my mind?

Stop it!

Actually for me, the weakest cast member in Pulp Fiction was Travolta.
While I liked him, I'd have to agree. It's not that he was bad...he just seemed either out of place or outclassed by the other actors. And one day I'd like for someone to acknowledge Bruce Willis as a good actor. He was damn near perfect in PF.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1
While I liked him, I'd have to agree. It's not that he was bad...he just seemed either out of place or outclassed by the other actors. And one day I'd like for someone to acknowledge Bruce Willis as a good actor. He was damn near perfect in PF.
Dude, Bruce Willis is not a good actor, he's a great actor and Pulp Fiction proved it.

·
23,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milt99
Jackie Brown discussion is kind of combined in the Pulp Fiction thread.

thirdkind, check my comments re: Jackie Brown in the Pulp Fiction thread

So Scoop, does this mean Rboster is going to swoop in and close this thread as redundant?
No. Separate BDs can have separate threads.

larry

·
23,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdkind

That opinion usually rattles more than a few Pulp Fiction fans, but I'm looking forward to both BDs being in my library after having seen neither of these films in many years.
The DVD was kinda of a poster child for EE. If they don't make a new master, we'll probably get the same one for the BD. However, content is king, so this is a must buy for me.

larry

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PooperScooper
The DVD was kinda of a poster child for EE. If they don't make a new master, we'll probably get the same one for the BD. However, content is king, so this is a must buy for me.
The EU release of Jackie has some compression artifacts due to being smashed onto a single-layer BD, but it looks like it comes from a clean master:

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film3/blu-r...wn_blu-ray.htm

Give it a higher bitrate to breathe some more, and it'll probably be just fine.

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Awaiting this

·
Registered
22,521 Posts
Watched this today. Looks and sounds great, I don't see any obvious video processing at all. It is a fairly grainy film though, but all of it is intact.

·
Banned
34,841 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes /forum/post/21036052

Watched this today. Looks and sounds great, I don't see any obvious video processing at all. It is a fairly grainy film though, but all of it is intact.

Huh?

I was under the impression QT doesn't dig grainy filmstock.

And it's on a BD25?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts