AVS Forum banner

4581 - 4600 of 4633 Posts

·
Registered
17,494 Posts
Can anyone confirm that the stations have moved as expected?

- Trip

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Can anyone confirm that the stations have moved as expected?

- Trip
I have a HDHomerun, I have rescanned, nothing seemed to change and all my channels are coming in fine.

·
Registered
17,494 Posts
Are you able to tell if they've moved to their new frequencies or not? (WJXT to 18, WCWJ to 20, WJEB to 21, WQXT-CD to 29, WBXJ-CD to 34, maybe also WUJX-LD to 15 and WKBJ-LD to 23)

If it helps, you should be able to direct tune with the HDHomeRun Config utility to check and see.

- Trip

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Nope

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
877 Posts
I turned my tv on right at 10 am and the channels were spinning like a slot machine. It was crazy. I did not have to rescan for some reason. The channels were all ready there. Strange.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've noticed a problem with the sound on CBS channel 47. I'm watching through comcast. The surround sound has a lot of sound coming through the left rear speaker and nothing coming through the front center speaker. It is just this channel so it is not a problem with my setup. Anybody else notice this during prime time on CBS??

·
Registered
877 Posts
Interesting information on 30-1. I called WJCT today. Some other people on our street with antennas also lost the 7-1 signal about 1 month ago. WJCT said their transmitter has had some glitches lately. They took my number and zip code and will call me back with more info. We shall see.

·
Registered
877 Posts
WJCT .7-1 ,told me they will be putting up a new transmitter. They should have it working by August or September. It might even be ATSC3,0 . Time will tell.

·
Registered
877 Posts
12-1 and 25-1 will be off the air for a couple hours on Saturday. The transmitters are getting routine work done on them. It should be completed by two oclock.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in Yulee, area code 32097 and lost WJCT with the FCC repack. I finally contacted them and here is the response I got about 6 weeks ago.....

"Thank you for your message. We have exciting news to share. WJCT is replacing its television broadcast antenna with a new model. This replacement will be complete by late summer. And when this work is complete, our antenna viewers will be able to enjoy all future ATSC 3.0 next-generation broadcasts.

During this maintenance period, some adjustments will be needed. A temporary antenna will be in use. It will not be at the permanent position nor at full power output. Broadcast reception may still be available in some areas like Fruit Cove, Downtown and the Beaches, but some of our other neighbors may experience weak signals or no signal at all. We apologize for any inconvenience caused while we work to upgrade the overall television service."

I hope they get it sorted out soon.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I hope some of the other stations go 3,0 ,but I doubt they will.Good to see someone else on this thread besides me.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
This is a 17 year old thread......

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, I got an email from WJCT this morning with some great news.....

"WJCT has completed the installation of our new TV antenna. Please rescan your TV as soon as possible, once this is completed, you should be able to receive all 5 WJCT-TV channels. If you are still having difficulties, please call 904.353.9528 and someone will return your call.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding during these past few months."

I just rescanned and it's working for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone else having signal issues with WPXC? Not just general weakness, but radical shifts in signal strength. It will be solid as a rock, then just completely disappear, rinse and repeat (observing via the signal status page from a HDHomeRun). I'm curious if the issue is at the source or if something closer is interfering.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
4581 - 4600 of 4633 Posts