AVS Forum banner

4621 - 4633 of 4633 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Figures they do this right as all but Ion itself are about to be put to pasture by Scripps.🤦‍♂️
Gah!! I had no idea that was happening, and now I'm depressed because I already blew away my ion Plus recordings and started over. Looks like all the multicast networks will go offline on Feb 28 if my googling is correct. Sigh.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Gah!! I had no idea that was happening, and now I'm depressed because I already blew away my ion Plus recordings and started over. Looks like all the multicast networks will go offline on Feb 28 if my googling is correct. Sigh.
Oh man vebix, you moved faster than what I could post this thought:

As @MadMan400096 noted, qubo, Ion Plus, and Shop Ion are going away. Source: Scripps takes first steps to realize ION synergies with multicast networks move - Scripps

I read your post about re-recording earlier while I waited for my son in the car as he finished up a commitment. But wanted to get on a larger screen to make this post, as well as chase down the Scripps press release linked above.

Oof for you, unfortunately. ~~ Take care, Statmanmi

·
Registered
11 Posts
I read your post about re-recording earlier while I waited for my son in the car as he finished up a commitment. But wanted to get on a larger screen to make this post, as well as chase down the Scripps press release linked above.

Oof for you, unfortunately. ~~ Take care, Statmanmi
Heh yeah I got overzealous. Luckily since ion Plus runs shows marathon-style I'll have most of what I really want (Murdoch Mysteries) by the time they pull the plug. Still bummed though, my wife and I have become quite attached to a lot of their programming. Maybe Jax could get on the ATSC 3 ball faster to make me feel better, ahem.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Good luck with Jacksonville stations going ATSC3 anytime soon. Does anyone know if Curtis Divorak is still with First Coast Living. He never seems to be on the show .Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
17,494 Posts
WJKF-CD filed a license to cover. Anyone in the coverage area seeing what it's airing?

- Trip

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Merry Christmas everyone. May Santa bring Jacksonville a new front office,and coaching staff for the Jaguars. Also some of the tv stations go ATSC 3.0
and they are about to get a stud QB

·
Registered
877 Posts
I see where the local news on CBS channel 47 has become number one in the news ratings. I never thought WJXT channel 4 would lose its number one position. It seems like its been there forever.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see where the local news on CBS channel 47 has become number one in the news ratings. I never thought WJXT channel 4 would lose its number one position. It seems like its been there forever.
Doesn't surprise me one bit. 4 has been shedding their talent like crazy & Cox owned 47/30 puts out a very good product.

4 seems more interested in being "woke", which is allowing 47/30 a chance to sneak in and win.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The big players in ATSC 3.0 are Sinclair, Nexstar, Scripps and Hearst. While Jax is a top 50 media market, there is no word on when 3.0 is coming. Could it be cause we don't have any local stations owned by either of these four listed ownership groups, not counting Ion?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is the aspect ratio for 25.3 (Quest) screwed up for everyone else? It was full frame for the longest time but is now horizontally squeezed into a 4:3 frame as of the last week for me.

4621 - 4633 of 4633 Posts