AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
If you mean Wharfedale Jade or Definitive Technology with built in subwoofer, I'd say go for the Wharfedales and get a decent dedicated subwoofer.

Not heard either one, however I think when it comes to bass, having stereo speakers playing ultra low bass plus a subwoofer (or not having one so re-directing LFE to L/R) is more of a problem.

I do like towers - mine play down to 35hz but I wouldn't buy a pair with subwoofers.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you mean Wharfedale Jade or Definitive Technology with built in subwoofer, I'd say go for the Wharfedales and get a decent dedicated subwoofer.

Not heard either one, however I think when it comes to bass, having stereo speakers playing ultra low bass plus a subwoofer (or not having one so re-directing LFE to L/R) is more of a problem.

I do like towers - mine play down to 35hz but I wouldn't buy a pair with subwoofers.
considering doing a jade setup by wharfedale or a mythos setup by def tech. unfortunately those exact ones are not on display anywhere local to my knowledge

1 - 3 of 3 Posts