AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read in another thread that HDNET is going to start carrying JAG, looked in the guide and sure enough there they were, two a day 6:00 PM and 7:00 PM, looks like they are starting with the first episode of Season 5.

Are any of the JAG episodes shot in 16:9? I really want to see the episodes 'Ice Queen' and 'Melt Down' which I guess was the real pilot for NCIS.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Yes JAG was produced and aired in 16:9 HD starting around 1999, which is the season HDNET is apparently starting with. They must have got the HD mastered seasons of JAG that CBS originally aired.

I watched JAG in HD on CBS starting in the 2001-2002 season, so now I can see the prededing two HD seasons before I had an HDTV.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxer /forum/post/15482212

Yes JAG was produced and aired in 16:9 HD starting around 1999, which is the season HDNET is apparently starting with. They must have got the HD mastered seasons of JAG that CBS originally aired.

I watched JAG in HD on CBS starting in the 2001-2002 season, so now I can see the prededing two HD seasons before I had an HDTV.

Sounds good, I looked on the hdnet site and they listed seasons 5 thru 7 episodes, I sure hope they make it through at least season 8, that's where the NCIS eps are. I'm a little surprised that USA didn't do any of the JAG episodes in HD, I've pretty much watched all the JAG episodes on USA-HD and I did see the series finale and it was in 4:3, very nice/sharp pq, but it was still SD 4:3.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts