AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From a promo in the Disney BD-Live "Coming Soon on Blu-ray" section (along with Beauty & the Beast and Fantasia):

Quote:
From Tim Burton, producer of Alice in Wonderland and the Nightmare Before Christmas, comes James and the Giant Peach: Specal Edition, for the first time ever on Disney Blu-ray. Fully restored and remastered, with superior picture and sound--and ready to be explored by you.


James and the Giant Peach: Special Edition, on Disney Blu-ray and DVD.

No mention of a release date yet, but I plan on picking this one up and sticking it on the shelf between Coraline and NBX.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,032 Posts
My memory may be fuzzy, but wasn't that stop-motion film released in old-tyme red/blue 3D on some screens?


If correct, wouldn't they want to do a Blu-ray 3D release?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,994 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Hitchman /forum/post/18250164


My memory may be fuzzy, but wasn't that stop-motion film released in old-tyme red/blue 3D on some screens?


If correct, wouldn't they want to do a Blu-ray 3D release?

James and the Giant Peach was not 3-D.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,558 Posts
I just remember that movie as being the same style as Nightmare Before Christmas, but with some live action footage too. I'll have to take a look at it once it comes out on BD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
635 Posts
This is a great film, with its own distinctive visual style that should really shine in Blu-Ray.


It's also one of the few films that is truly for both kids and adults.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
Was there another thread that got deleted or something? I thought there was one more recent than this.


We got the $10 off coupon, but at least at Target they want $29.95 for this disc when other new Disney releases have been lower in the first week. I guess the Mouse gotta eat...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coati858 /forum/post/19004643


Was there another thread that got deleted or something? I thought there was one more recent than this.


We got the $10 off coupon, but at least at Target they want $29.95 for this disc when other new Disney releases have been lower in the first week. I guess the Mouse gotta eat...

Agreed. For a catalog release that doesn't seem to be getting much attention, it should have been available for $20 (before the coupon).

Bestbuy.com seems to have the best price so far, and that isn't saying much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
450 Posts
My coupon is good for a few more weeks. I'm going to wait and see if any sales pop up between now and then. Walmart was $29.99 in store as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHNEEDOO /forum/post/19006286


My coupon is good for a few more weeks. I'm going to wait and see if any sales pop up between now and then. Walmart was $29.99 in store as well.

It's $24.96 on their website. I went in yesterday and they refused to price match it (which I expected, Best Buy is similar in that regard). I thought about asking for a manager, but I didn't want to deal with it. I ended up walking away with nothing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad /forum/post/19009092


It's $24.96 on their website. I went in yesterday and they refused to price match it (which I expected, Best Buy is similar in that regard). I thought about asking for a manager, but I didn't want to deal with it. I ended up walking away with nothing.

Any other Best Buy stores close by? I usually don't have a problem getting mine to PM just about anything. Don't be afraid to ask for the manager, he's the one getting yelled at when sales are down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
How about PQ? I just picked this up along with Death Race 2000, but haven't been able to watch anything yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,467 Posts
The PQ is pretty poor. Regardless of the fact that it was "meant" to look that way, it still looks pretty poor.


Director's intent? Sure, but keep in mind that crap is supposed to be brown too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I used my $10 coupon at BB, after heading to Target and getting surprised by their $30 price tag. Haven't had a chance to open it yet, but I'm going to check it out sometime this weekend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantchicken /forum/post/19010757


I used my $10 coupon at BB, after heading to Target and getting surprised by their $30 price tag. Haven't had a chance to open it yet, but I'm going to check it out sometime this weekend.

Do you remeber which Disney blu-ray that trailer is on? Just curious what the pq looks like.


Thanks,

Tom
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top