Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone please point me in the right direction for more advice:

I live in NYC, I am active in the financial markets and I am trying to set up a new office with multiple screens for video, computer feeds, live data feeds etc, integrating with switching capabilities and external audio.

There are many people who do this kind of work for securities trading companies, but they tend to take a very generic, cheap plastic flat panel monitors on rows of particle board desks approach.

I would like to achieve more of a James Bond villain, mad scientist, customized and stylish look to a bank of TV monitors, computers and external audio gear.

I dont know anything about television production or news rooms, but the multiple monitors, and not your grandmother's TV commericial sizes (Sony 8"?) are what I have in mind and large flat plasma screens if they can accept mutiple sources.

I envision at least three smallish, high resolution monitors in a vertical stack where I can monitor the sound via external speakers for any of the websites or TV channels being watched.

And then, if any particular datafeed, website or news catches my eye, then - presto -- I can push a button and monitor it on the big plasma screen. Etc etc.

Are there companies that do this type of work? Would you focus on a vendor for TV newsrooms? Mission control centers? Security and surveillance?

I dont want the plain vanilla consumer stuff and would at least like to get some ideas and purchase some commercial/industrial, not seen in every office type of gear.

Any of your suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hmm.. GVS makes some interesting panoramic monitor solutions. Probably not quite what your looking for, but they look way cool.. http://www.gvstore.com/monitor1.html

Middle atlantic makes a bunch of security surveillance and monitoring cabinets that probably come pretty close to what you want. They have a bunch of different models on their website: http://www.middleatlantic.com/sec/smain.htm Most seem to just mount normal tv's and computer monitors.

That's about all I can think of for now..

·
Registered
300 Posts
Look at the Crestron CNX-PVID8, or DVP4. Also, RGB Spectrum's SuperView. Although you should probably be sitting down, before you ask the prices :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info so far.

Are there companies that do this sort of work from "soup to nuts"?

I have Googled "video production engineering", "commercial video monitors", etc with very limited success.

Or do some companies sell the cabinets, others the monitors, and others the switching and remotes, crestron gear etc?

Also, not to make this even more difficult, but I would also love to be able to expand a windows desktop across multiple large screens, so I can have data feeds live on one screen, email accounts on another etc -- while working from a single operating system.

I hope that doesnt scare everyone away?!?!?!! I really need and appreciate your ideas and help.

Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.